kUBOTA BX23S - instrumentation display, all lights suddenly shut off, plowing snow

/ kUBOTA BX23S - instrumentation display, all lights suddenly shut off, plowing snow #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Hi everyone, and Happy New Year of posting :)

Issue:
It snowed all day yesterday. In the afternoon I was plowing the driveway (8-9 inches) of snow.
Only the loader is attached, backhoe removed.
I did a pass, and was about to turn around when instantly all the instrumentation lighting, marker arrows (fuel gauge, RMP etc), hrs display, and lights - hazard / signal / headlights - disappeared / shut off.
I thought that I had bumped something.
The tractor was still running, HST, and the hydraulics and loader remained operational
I shut the machine off, and re-started it ... thinking that it might re-set. It did not.
I drove the tractor back to the garage where it is parked, and called it a night.

any ideas why things would just stop being visible ?
I thought that it might be a wire, a connection, of possibly a fuse that got wet in the deep snow. I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

I called the dealership - they will be getting back to me

I would appreciate your thoughts. This is a new tractor (my first tractor), a 2018 model, delivered in September 2018, so I am still in the steep operational learning curve. There is one modification (I don't think it is connected to the issue though) in that the 2 HST pedals have been connected by a bolt-on-plate, for my ease of operation. (due to cerebral palsy my heal - toe operation is limited). That works great.

Thank you.

Scaredy Chicken
(BC Canada)

/ kUBOTA BX23S - instrumentation display, all lights suddenly shut off, plowing snow #2  
Have you been over to OTT (orange tractor talks) forum? It is a bit more targeted at Kubota, just in case you dont get an answer here. My bet is water causing a short. Maybe someone has an idea of the common water entry points on this machine.

/ kUBOTA BX23S - instrumentation display, all lights suddenly shut off, plowing snow #3  
Water doesn't short out 12V systems, fuses, it might main fuse on the feed, can be ordinary fuses or a fuselink looking like a wire, if that's OK check ignition switch.