Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos

/ Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #1  

ScottGilfordNH

Tractor
BX2200
Had to rebuild the bucket actuator. After blowing three different hoses on the bucket actuator removing snow, I realized the actuator was binding on a failing seal, and then the actuator seal blew out. I created this report so I could remember what I did, it's the engineer in me. I figured I'd post it here to share since I get a lot of good advice on these forums.

Attachments

• LA-211 bucket actuator rebuild.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 3,011
   / Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #2  
Thx for taking the time to share

/ Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #3  
Wow, this posting is fantastic, thank you so much. I've just rebuilt the bucket cylinder on my BX2230 based on your excellent write-up - so much better than the videos I found. i especially need to thank you for the tip of heating up the fiber seal and piston with a heat gun to get the fiber seal flexible enough to install. I never would have figured that out, and none of the videos I watched mentioned it. i did mine the other day - about 70 degrees outside, and it needed the heat gun (actually a hair dryer), so its not only in the cold per your description.

/ Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #4  
Make sure the cylinder is the one listed in the parts list.
I rebuilt the curl cylinder on my LA211 on my BX2230 a year and a half ago, and I ordered the parts according to the serial number, and when they came the weren't the correct parts. I called Messicks and talked to a parts tech, and when I gave him the part number off the cylinder barrel, it was not the one called for, so apparently it had been replaced at some point in the past. He was able to find the proper parts, sent them out, and I returned the wrong ones. When the new parts came, they fit perfectly, I reassembled it, and it has worked perfectly since.

/ Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #5  
If you are doing this regularly, why not make the special stretching and compressing tools Kubota's details in their loader shop manuals?
I have attached the jig details for a different loader to explain what I am talking about.
Slide and correction jig.jpg

I think the idea of using the jig is to avoid any twisting of the components.

Dave M7040

/ Kubota BX2200 LA211 Bucket Actuator Seal Rebuild Photos #6  
If you are doing this regularly, why not make the special stretching and compressing tools Kubota's details in their loader shop manuals?
I have attached the jig details for a different loader to explain what I am talking about.
View attachment 764156

I think the idea of using the jig is to avoid any twisting of the components.

Dave M7040

I 3D printed a few for my Kubota B21. They worked fine. The slider (a) is necessary IMHO, the "corrector" works if you can get a good smooth print. Otherwise compress the seal with a properly sized hose clamp, using a cutout from a soda or beer can

Also made a "pusher" a device with "expanding fingers" that push the seal down over the slider. A lot safer than other ways I've tried.

I posted the FreeCAD files somewhere on TBN but could post them again for those that have a compatible CAD program or just the print files (STL) for someone to print locally. For the latter I would need the dimensions.

Last edited: