Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #1  

TWD

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M59
Does anyone have a brand or know where I can buy the plate that quick attach to my kubota backhoe that I can mount a hydraulic auger to?

I think I'll also need to convert my hydro-thumb to a quick-attach connector to facilitate switching between thumb usage and auger... favorite place to buy those fittings and part # ?

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #2  
One way to do that would be to see if you are able to
exchange whatever BH bucket attachment coupler that you have now and change over to Kubota's K7543 type quick connector ($1000 option). The K7543 coupler is used on Kubota CE series Excavators and is an option on the M62 TLB, so it might also fit your hoe. It fits some; not others. Once you are coupling buckets to the dipper stick with that coupler you have all kinds of options from the rental yard that you can run on the hoe, and are only limited by the amount of hydraulic lines you have back there. That includes tilting and rotating buckets.

And you can use your old BH buckets with the K7543 coupler by welding on the conversion ears that Kubota sells in their "whole goods" options.

Sounds like a nice project.
rScotty

• Good Post
Reactions: TWD
   / Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question
One way to do that would be to see if you are able to
exchange whatever BH bucket attachment coupler that you have now and change over to Kubota's K7543 type quick connector ($1000 option). The K7543 coupler is used on Kubota CE series Excavators and is an option on the M62 TLB, so it might also fit your hoe. It fits some; not others. Once you are coupling buckets to the dipper stick with that coupler you have all kinds of options from the rental yard that you can run on the hoe, and are only limited by the amount of hydraulic lines you have back there. That includes tilting and rotating buckets.

And you can use your old BH buckets with the K7543 coupler by welding on the conversion ears that Kubota sells in their "whole goods" options.

Sounds like a nice project.
rScotty

Thanks for the feedback! That looks like a good option. I'll investigate.

Do you know if Messicks can tell you by Serial# or? if it will fit your M59? I assume it's the later versions it works with?

Looks like under $800 here --> QA Coupler - Excavator buckets

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #4  
Thanks for the feedback! That looks like a good option. I'll investigate.

Do you know if Messicks can tell you by Serial# or? if it will fit your M59? I assume it's the later versions it works with?

Looks like under $800 here --> QA Coupler - Excavator buckets

I don't know if the excavator quick connector will fit the M59, just that it is an option on the M62. I'd like to know. Please keep me posted with whatever you find out.

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #5  
There was a thread on the subject earlier this year.

From that thread, here is some info:

For the the M62s being sold now, they have one more optional coupler type as an option. So for the M62 you can have the PIN-ON type, the BT4580 type quick connector for an extra $700, or the K7543 type quick connector for an extra $1000. The K7543 is the same quick coupler used on Kubota CE series Excavators. And of course it uses the buckets with the special ears that only fit the K7543 coupler.

The buckets themselves all seem to be identical except for the ears -which are either pin-on, BT4580 style ears, or K7543 style ears. Note that you can order just the ears and weld them onto whatever you want.

rScotty

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #6  
FYI In Canada the quick attach couplers are fabricated by hhmfg.com and, unfortunately, BH bucket QA ears are unique to the M59/M62. We have to buy the ears from Kubota as the manufacturer is not allowed to sell direct. A pair of ears runs CDN$180-250 MSRP.

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question
I don't know if the excavator quick connector will fit the M59, just that it is an option on the M62. I'd like to know. Please keep me posted with whatever you find out.
FYI - Messicks wasn't sure if they'd fit or not.

They also said some augers\drives are 3-7 months back order right now :/ too

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #8  
There was a thread on the subject earlier this year.

From that thread, here is some info:

For the the M62s being sold now, they have one more optional coupler type as an option. So for the M62 you can have the PIN-ON type, the BT4580 type quick connector for an extra $700, or the K7543 type quick connector for an extra $1000. The K7543 is the same quick coupler used on Kubota CE series Excavators. And of course it uses the buckets with the special ears that only fit the K7543 coupler.

The buckets themselves all seem to be identical except for the ears -which are either pin-on, BT4580 style ears, or K7543 style ears. Note that you can order just the ears and weld them onto whatever you want.

rScotty

The buckets aren’t the same. The buckets on my KX040 are much heavier constructed than my M59 buckets were. I’m not sure why they felt the need to make a unique coupler vs just using the same thing as the excavator lineup even if it was a 35 class excavator. The excavator couplers are also all different. I think every model Kubota makes with the exception of the same size with no tail swing is a different coupler.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #9  
There are times I want a hydraulic auger too.

I thought the K7543 option was the way to get QA on my M59 till I learned it was not Compatible with my hydraulic thumb. A compatible thumb costs $~3500 extra. The K7543 has its own thumb option on Whole goods. Not an economical option for me.

Danuser made a side of the bucket attached hydraulic augers. Don’t know if it could take the stresses of a BH application. I think you could get an honest opinion from Danuser. They make good skidsteer augers too.

/ Kubota Backhoe attachment Questions and hydraulic fitting question #10  
Just curious, what is the flow requirement for a hydraulic auger, and do you have that much flow at your backhoe connections?

Doug in SW IA