Kubota B7300 for snow

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #1  

Kapkichi

Tractor
TYM 353
I'm looking for opinions on how welll a Kubota B7300 thats set up with a 60" front mount blower would handle the snow. I have a relatively flat mile long drive and am tired of using my 3point rear blower. We occasionly get a foot or so of snow with some drifting. The 60" farm king rear pto blower I have now handles the snow just fine with my 35 HP TYM. I'm a little leary of what this lighter 16 HP Kubota would do.I would probably add chains and fill the tires if needed. Any advice? Also any ideas how available parts are for this 1998 tractor. Thanks

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #2  
The B7300 has a reliable reputation as a workhorse, and parts are readily available. Plenty of people run blowers on sub compact tractors. My only concern would be the weight and traction, but as your drive is relatively flat I suspect you would be fine even without chains.

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #3  
You'll need chains and rear weight. The B7300 will do just fine.

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #4  
It's really got 12.5hp at the PTO. That's prety small. I have seen 32in blowers with more engine power.

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #5  
Doesn't seem like an "upgrade" from your current equipment to me.

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #6  
Does this 7300 come with the snowblower as a package deal? It's a bit small for a 60" blower but go slow and it will be fine, and you will need some rear weight like a scraper blade. With a flat drive, chains may not be needed.

If it doesn't have a SB on it now, I would lean towards a front blade/plow setup (as a new front mount blower is $$$) and only use your rear SB for the bigger storms as needed.

/ Kubota B7300 for snow #7  
FWIW: I have had my B7300 since 2002, and I bought it with a 54" Pronovost Puma rear mount blower. While we have not had much snow the past few winters, back in 2006, when we had nearly 24" on Valentines day, my B7300 was the sort of hero in the 'neighborhood'. I was busy all morning, clearing my drive, and 4 others, (one nearly 1/4 mile long with hills), along a 1/2 mile stretch of our road. The 12.5hp on the PTO handled that snow depth with ease and I never had to refuel. I have to admit. Now at my age, I would really appreciate a front mount blower. I do highly recommend both front and rear chains. Traction on the front end really helps with steering and control. Photo shows me clearing a neighbors drive during a storm in 2011

Attachments

• snowstorm.jpg
    snowstorm.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 33
   / Kubota B7300 for snow #8  
Also any ideas how available parts are for this 1998 tractor. Thanks
I missed that question. I have had my B7300 for 22+ years, and other than replacing (hydraulic shop) two front FEL hoses and two batteries, the only other parts have been oil, hydraulic, air, and fuel filters. This Kubota has run literally error free all that time. I am still running the original fan belt. I believe parts are available. There are several possible sources nationwide, if need be. I once looked on-line for potential 'alternator' and coolant hose replacement, and found numerous OEM and other sources.