Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed)

/ Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed) #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Hi, I'm posting the following for a friend who has been waiting for the activation email for about 12 hours now, but still has not received it yet :\
Hopefully some of you can help him out.

Im going to look at a late 70's early 80's Kubota b7100, and the only problem the owner noted was the 3pt hitch lever. He replaced the drivers seat with a new one, which doesnt have the stock lever notches for the 3pt lever to rest in. He said this causes the lever to lower and if you forget about it, overtime it builds up pressure and sends hydraulic oil into the engine. He said its happened a few times when he forgot and wasnt paying attention to the lever, he usually straps it in the place he wants it. When that happened he said he just drained the oil from the oil pan and topped off the hydraulic resovoir and and all was fine (he's had the tractor for years). To me, diesels can withstand many types of oil getting in, unlike a gas engine, so would this issue be a cause to steer clear, or is this a easy fix like getting a notch setup for the lever so it can't build up pressure from lowering on its own, or is it a pump seal type issue? Any help on this topic would be great, because i'm going this saturday to hopefully pick this tractor up since its a good deal price wise. Thanks, Evan

/ Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed) #2  
thanks for posting that for me Dennis.

Does anyone have any advice on this issue? I'm going down this saturday to check it out, and just want to get as much info as possible. Thanks

/ Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed) #3  
Is the tractor an HST? The reason I ask is my DT (gear) tractor doesn't have 'notches'. Sounds like it is getting stuck in the lift position, the lower position doesn't involve any pressure. In this case the relief valve should be activating and the excess fluid is just dumped back into the reservoir. Sounds like there could be a problem with the hydraulic pump which is mounted on the side of the engine. I have not worked on one and cannot comment if it might just be a seal or if something is broken. Either way it likely happens every time the pump builds pressure so it would need to be fixed.

/ Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed) #4  
Your right, he said its the upper position that caused the problem before. Its when u forget about it and it moves around and I guess keeps constant lifting pressure. I think I should be able to fix it by just securing the lever how its suppose to be. If not, i'll need to dive deeper, but otherwise the tractor seems like the right one for me. Hopefully i'll be posting some pics of my 'new' tractor tomorrow.

/ Kubota B7100 3pt lever sends hyd. oil into engine (help needed) #5  
If the relief valve is inoperative and damaged the pump the repair could get expensive, I would use that as a bargaining chip.