Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods?

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #11  
Neighbor put one that size on a 125 hp for many years till he bought a TLB last year. Did a lot of digging without any issues.
I put a Mahindra by Bradco on the 3510 and is the second most used attachment after the pallet forks. It does everything a TLB can only slower, but I have the time.

That side shift is too cool, probably dig a square hole without moving the tractor!
To answer the original question,
I would think the mfg would be included on the vin tag?

Attachments

• 20191029_152515.jpg
    20191029_152515.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
   / Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods?
Be careful considering the draft control a "fuse". That concept not correct. If there is any chance of putting the top link into compression - such as using down pressure on the hoe - You must turn off the draft control when using the backhoe .
rScotty
Thanks - I do keep it off and while "fuse" maybe isn't the best term for it, the pivoting draft assembly hydraulics do provide a very small measure of cushion for loads applied from the top link

To answer the original question,
I would think the mfg would be included on the vin tag?
The 3rd pic in the op is the vin tag - unfortunately no manufacturer listed. Mfr only listed on the bucket tag

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #14  
Thanks - I do keep it off and while "fuse" maybe isn't the best term for it, the pivoting draft assembly hydraulics do provide a very small measure of cushion for loads applied from the top link

Well, thanks right back at you for understanding my concern. For several years having the draft control fold up a 3pt backhoe with operator pinned in the seat made the list as either the most - or one of the most common farm tractor fatalities. My local JD dealer has a plaque to one of their customers who died that way.

And then one day I hooked up our 3pt hoe & I forgot to turn off my own draft control. And I knew better. Big tractor + little 3pt hoe. Tenminutes later I pushed down on the BH bucket to lift and shift the tractor like is so commonly done...and the draft contol instantly took over. Draft control si fast and powerful. I bailed out sideways just as the hand control levers tore up the seat I had been sitting on a moment before. Just dumb luck was all that saved me from being folded up in the seat.

A 3pt hoe can do a lot of work and I sure got a lot of use out of ours. Just be careful to turn off the draft control.
rScotty

A manual for that unit would help.
I wish I could find one it seems to be made of unobtainium. I'm able to get the manual for the later model BL4690 which is very similar and just states Kubota Corp

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #17  
Well, thanks right back at you for understanding my concern. For several years having the draft control fold up a 3pt backhoe with operator pinned in the seat made the list as either the most - or one of the most common farm tractor fatalities. My local JD dealer has a plaque to one of their customers who died that way.

And then one day I hooked up our 3pt hoe & I forgot to turn off my own draft control. And I knew better. Big tractor + little 3pt hoe. Tenminutes later I pushed down on the BH bucket to lift and shift the tractor like is so commonly done...and the draft contol instantly took over. Draft control si fast and powerful. I bailed out sideways just as the hand control levers tore up the seat I had been sitting on a moment before. Just dumb luck was all that saved me from being folded up in the seat.

A 3pt hoe can do a lot of work and I sure got a lot of use out of ours. Just be careful to turn off the draft control.
rScotty
Most draft controls will have some sort of lock, specially the ones that work based on the top link. Common sense goes a long way. If draft control is not being used, just lock it. It will put less wear and tear on things anyway. In fact, it should only be unlocked for the task in hand that requires draft control.

To the OP, I agree with you. I doubt you'll have any issues with that backhoe on your tractor. Most people here, also tend to run a smaller backhoe on a bigger tractor. They are very conscious that backhoes can be very hard on tractors, same with loaders.

For anyone interested, here is a comparison of damage from a 3 pt backhoe between having draft control and not having it. I know I could fix the one on the right picture without spending a dime. Not so much the one on the left.

IMG_4519.JPG
IMG_0846.jpg

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #18  
I had a John Deere 8 backhoe on an old MF203 mounted as a 3point. I had fabricated 3/4 inch rods and brackets that tied it into the frame for the front end loader and torqued it into compression against the tractor. It was strong enough to where I broke the dipper for the backhoe and had to have it welded back up. Be careful with 3 point hookup.

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #19  
Around here, pretty much the only backhoe for a tractor one can get is the 3 pt one. However, these are setup with at least two extra top links that attach on different areas on the tractor, typically to the ROPS or somewhere around the rear end housing, so it spreads the loads on more areas than just the top link mount as shown in pictures #1 and #2.

When these extra links are not used, damage is more prone to happen, however since most tractors here come standard with draft control, the top link mount usually pivots on a shaft so it sends feedback to the 3 pt valve. This mount usually ends up acting as a mechanical fuse and avoids a lot more expensive damage like broken castings that we've seen on this forum over the years.

A couple great benefits of the backhoes we have here, is the vertical telescopic stabilizers along with the side shift feature, usually manual with hydraulic locks or fully hydraulic. These two features make it possible to work up close to a wall or fence, plus, you can slide the backhoe all the way to one side and swing to itself, making for a very compact unit. Usually around 2 ft long and you don't get the arm way out the backhoe create all kinds of ground clearance issues on uneven ground or even simply loading it to a truck or trailer, like show on picture #3.

View attachment 770973 View attachment 770974 View attachment 770975
Why do you Europeans get all the neat stuff?

/ Kubota B4690 3pt Backhoe made by Woods? #20  
Most draft controls will have some sort of lock, specially the ones that work based on the top link. Common sense goes a long way. If draft control is not being used, just lock it. It will put less wear and tear on things anyway. In fact, it should only be unlocked for the task in hand that requires draft control.

To the OP, I agree with you. I doubt you'll have any issues with that backhoe on your tractor. Most people here, also tend to run a smaller backhoe on a bigger tractor. They are very conscious that backhoes can be very hard on tractors, same with loaders.

For anyone interested, here is a comparison of damage from a 3 pt backhoe between having draft control and not having it. I know I could fix the one on the right picture without spending a dime. Not so much the one on the left.

View attachment 771073 View attachment 771074
The first pic makes my eye twitch. Trying to figure out the second pic. What are the link(s) on each side of the top link and what is broken?