Kubota B/JD2R gearing?

/ Kubota B/JD2R gearing? #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Question for those that have owned or operated both the Kubota B2620/B01 series and the JD2R's.
I'm curious how the 3 range Kubota and Deere 2 range hydro's compare and how they overlap.

For example, my bushroads have some pretty good hills. With my B2620 I can carry full loads of gravel in the loader bucket, or box blade up the hills in medium range. But if it had rained and the ground is saturated and heavy sometimes I use low range to be easier on it. But then low range is painfully slow and you don't get much done in a day.

How would a 2 range do? Where does low range on the Deere match the Kubota? Would low range on the Deere be a bit slower than medium on the Kubota or would it have a bit less bottom end grunt?

/ Kubota B/JD2R gearing? #2  
I own a 2025r and I’ve never used a 3 range Kubota. I’d guess low and high gear are similar between the two and the JD just is missing the middle range. Most of the time I don’t miss the middle range. My JD has enough grunt in low range. My yard is pretty rough but I think if I had a smoother yard is where I’d miss the middle range, especially when mowing.

/ Kubota B/JD2R gearing? #3  
A thread with forty-eight posts:

/ Kubota B/JD2R gearing? #4  
Where I found the 3 range comes in handy is brush mowing mainly because I have half mile straight aways and I can easily go back to the same speed because it is a tighter window. Think of it as loader mower highway low medium high