kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling?

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling? #1  

PBayer

With 33 hp, I'm trying to match hay cutting/baling equip. Are there haybine & balers that I could power?

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling? #2  
FOr most of the small ag lines they require 35 PTO horsepower leaving you a little short on power.
From time to time the horsepower requirement is more for the initial weight to help hold the machinery on hills.

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling? #3  
I can run the 7' Hesston sickle bar haybine and the IH 37 baler with the L2550. We have hills so iv gottabe careful [use 4wd etc]. The L3450 does better. I doubt yould be able the run a rotary cut haybine. Round baler is pretty much out of the question.
larry

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling?
thanks for the responses. Now its time to shop.

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling? #6  
Be sure to let us know what you end up with. :D :D :D

/ kubota 3130 run hay cutting baling? #7  
Gee, you're 2 hp short. Maybe you could put a dog harness on the front to get some extra juice.

I ran my 9' NH479 on a 22 hp Yanmar. A sickle type mower conditioner doesn't take more that 10 hp to run the sickle drive and conditioner rolls. Hitch weight and some hydraulic outlets are what it takes to use it safely and effectively. Add some front ballast if the front wheels get light.

An older 14" x 18" baler doesn't take much power either. They were often run with 16 hp Wisconsin pony motors. YouTube has quite a few videos of these machines in use. You never hear the motor strain.

Now raking, that's a hp problem. Your 'Bota is just too orange. You can pull a rake with a 250 cc 4 wheeler, though (as I sometimes do).