Kitty standing up to a fox

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #11  
I had a good laugh last Summer; one of the feral neighborhood cats was stalking some hen turkeys in our back yard. When the cat got too close, the turkeys were on that cat like a chicken on a June bug. The cat skedaddled like he was scalded...lesson learned. The turkeys had no fear of the cat, and did not hesitate to attack it. They are more cautious with a dog, but show little fear, but will fly if the dog comes after them.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #12  
Around here in mid coast ME, seems like they'r under attack from foxes, I lost count of how many fox attacks this past year in that area. If I was living in that area I'd be carrying, all these suburbanites must not like firearms because they all fighting off foxes with bare hands an kitchen knives, which is ok if you or your kids dont mind getting a sires of rabies shots.

Some say if you have a fox problem you dont have coyote problem because they dont coexist, so pick your problem I guess...............
71-year-old West Bath man fought a fox to protect his daughter痴 dog Midcoast Bangor Daily News BDN Maine
West Bath husband, wife fight back when rabid fox attacks them

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #13  
I found my kitties never bothered the Foxes or the other way around. Many years ago, I saw the my cat chase a fox up a hill and out of sight and figured that is the last I had seen of kitty. Came back later without any sign of a fight.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox
I had one chase a cat up the tree behind our house once. This was many years back when we lived in a mobile home on the same property. I heard the cat yell so I stepped out the back door with my shotgun. The fox was up in the tree after the cat and almost jumped on me when it came down. It ran around the tree and out the other side heading for the bushes. I was leading it and fired just as it ran under the brush. The next morning I went out and found it dead right where I fired. I had a lucky shot and hit it right behind the shoulder. I took it to the health department to have it checked for rabies but it tested negative.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #15  
First time I ever heard of a fox climbing a tree, I think the mid coast of ME is the only state with rabies problem.