Price Check Kiotie DK40 SE

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #1  

faustle0

Tractor
none
Hello everyone, I am looking to purchase my first tractor and have been on this site for about 8 months reading up on everyones thoughts about tractors. I am looking seriously at the Kioti DK40 SE. I have seen some threads on prices others have paid, and they vary a few thousand. I am curious if anyone out there has purchased this model recently(this year) and if you would share your experiance and prices. I am wanting a FEL, 3rd function valve and maybe a rough cut mower for the back. Thanks for your input in advance

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #2  
I just ordered the DK40HST. MSRP is right at $25,100. The KL401 loader is right around $5,680 MSRP. Total $30,780. Took the Kioti free bucket offer (good till end of Aug., I believe). Out the door for $21,700. Dealer came down $3,400 off MSRP. Maybe they get holdback, incentives etc. from corporate. Don't know. Don't care. I got a fair deal.

In your case if not looking at HST tractor MSRP is at $23,000 or $23,100 not sure. Loader is again $5680. So total is $28,780 MSRP. With free loader dealer has lots of leeway, (IMO).

In my area (southeast) i'd think something like 19,600-20,000 with the free loader is a fair deal for all parties. Also got him to add 50 hour service: labor and transport both ways (80 miles total). I pay for fluids and filters.

However prices do vary by region so maybe as high as 21,000. I'd start at 19,500 and take it from there.

I worked the free loader vs 5.45 finance through Agricredit and it came out within $10 a month either way.

BTW: Don't know how it works up north but my actual out the door price was a bit more as Agricredit insisted on insurance. I no longer have "farm insurance" but have homeowners. Homeowners will NOT cover "vehicles".

So insurance was $1,515. Over 7 years thats $18 a month. A couple less trips to Dunkin Donuts and peace of mind.

Good luck.

Oh yes, third function valve. Not sure what this is. second rear remote think about $350-400.

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #3  
The WR Long 3rd function is going to be about $700-$800 or so. I am running my grapple off of the rear remote, the Kioti rear remote is placed pretty well to use like that, I may extend its length a bit, but it is placed just below your joystick hand, so not much trouble to use it as your front hydraulic, just run some hoses.. pretty cheap, about $150

/ Kiotie DK40 SE
Thanks for your input. I know prices vary in different parts of the country, but this gives me some type of ballpark figure to work with. I really appreciate you breaking down the price for both tractor and loader, that also helps a lot. And yes, I am looking for a HST. Thanks again

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #5  
Thanks for your input. I know prices vary in different parts of the country, but this gives me some type of ballpark figure to work with. I really appreciate you breaking down the price for both tractor and loader, that also helps a lot. And yes, I am looking for a HST. Thanks again

Let me know how you do.

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #6  
I got the HST model (loaded R4s) with 401 loader (+ toothbar and hooks), 2485 BH (18" bucket), 2nd remote, Bush Hog and PHD (9" auger), service and parts manual, and 50hr filters for $31,500.

Taking the filters, manuals, Bush Hog, PHD, toothbar and hooks off the invoice, the tractor, loaded tires, loader, back hoe, and 2nd remote cost me $28,465 delivered. Or, $22,193 before the backhoe, depending on how you want to parse it.

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #7  
I got the HST model (loaded R4s) with 401 loader (+ toothbar and hooks), 2485 BH (18" bucket), 2nd remote, Bush Hog and PHD (9" auger), service and parts manual, and 50hr filters for $31,500.

Taking the filters, manuals, Bush Hog, PHD, toothbar and hooks off the invoice, the tractor, loaded tires, loader, back hoe, and 2nd remote cost me $28,465 delivered. Or, $22,193 before the backhoe, depending on how you want to parse it.

Sounds right in the ballpark.

/ Kiotie DK40 SE
Thanks guys for responding. This is good information. I am going to the dealer on tuesday to see what the dealer has to offer. If its all good, i'll be ordering my first ever tractor/

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #9  
Good luck.
For reference, my dealer steered me away from agricredit's insurance. He said it was expensive for what it was and it was "tractor insurance" so it would only cover me on my property. As soon as I went on the road or to my neighbor's, I was on my own.

On advice from others on the forum, I got an inland marine policy from the insurer on my home/farm and cars, and it is covered wherever I go - $204/ year (the $3 service charge on $17 monthly payments was not worth it, so I bought a whole year).

/ Kiotie DK40 SE #10  
Your Homeowners insurance should cover you at your place. State Farm does that.