Kioti Year Model Details

/ Kioti Year Model Details #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
In looking for a tractor with increased loader capacity I ran across a listing for a 2014 Kioti DK40SE, which had been erroneously listed as a DK45SE, so I learned after I inquired and then sent a new picture with the hood showing DK40SE. It's low hours and been owned by it's 2nd owner since ~ 120 hours, bought used from 1st owner. I asked what re-gen experience the owner had seen and he said it didn't have re-gen.
I thought Kioti's went to re-gen with the 2013 models?
(This tractor has the 401 FEL so much more lift than the other FEL choice for that series.)
Are they year model "badged" by dealers for year when they are sold new or what gives? Is this simply miss-information by the first seller to the current owner?

/ Kioti Year Model Details #2  
Seems to be a grey area... can you get the serial number?
"2014 Serial Numbers begin with "P" They skipped "O" just like "I" to avoid confusion."

Also, an interesting point made about the distinction between "model" year and "production" year...
"Model year production need not follow the calendar year. That's been the case for automobiles, trucks and tractors for decades. Nothing new there. Nothing in the serial number indicates any unit of time other than the first character designating the model year."

Last edited:
   / Kioti Year Model Details
As a guy who repaired vehicles I'm much aware of the vagaries of year models. The parking lots now full of new, "chipless" vehicles in the USA are a case in point huh? No doubt the mfg.'s will pull them out based on sales needs and what they have to make them go zoom.
Tier 4 enters into my tractor thing. That particular 2nd owner, now a seller, knows what he was told by the 1st owner and very little else is my guess. I am asking the serial number question.
To avoid confusion, try and read two other threads on this subject, one I posted in because Michigan Iron had chimed in and the other which popped up on it's own with an owner of the same model tractor I'm asking about. The link above has confused several people including me-it works better to come via google and back into this forum. My counting off says the tractor I'm looking at was built in 2013 same as the guy in ME.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Year Model Details #4  
What is odd though is the original press release was (I thought) from February 2013 announcing the new emissions compliant models, implying that it was for the current year. It may be as you alluded to, that they had some units still working through various stages of supply chain, to deplete the existing parts, that escaped the new emissions standards. Maybe this one was one of them and was sold in 2014. The serial number might help solve the puzzle :unsure:

I listed that number in the other thread which Michigan Iron had participated in.
It's : NT6400002

/ Kioti Year Model Details #6  
What is odd though is the original press release was (I thought) from February 2013 announcing the new emissions compliant models, implying that it was for the current year. It may be as you alluded to, that they had some units still working through various stages of supply chain, to deplete the existing parts, that escaped the new emissions standards. Maybe this one was one of them and was sold in 2014. The serial number might help solve the puzzle :unsure:
I have read that the first letter of serial number corresponds with year, but they skipped I and O to avoid confusion with 1 and 0.
My 2021 serial number starts with X which would be 2022. If below is true, then the serial number you gave would make it a 2012.
Makes sense as far as emissions, but not for what year it is claimed to be.
What year/serial does your current DK35 land?

KLMNOPQRSTUVWX
2010201120122013(skipped)201420152016201720182019202020212022

Edit, looked in WM and found this chart:
1629137475282.png

SO now I am wondering why my serial number starts with X... unless they skipped 'Q' for the same reason as 'I' and 'O'...
1629138304179.png

That would appear to make sense. Does anyone know if it was Q that was skipped?

Last edited:
To clarify I said it was an N, not M...

/ Kioti Year Model Details #8  
Just have the seller pop the hood and take photo of the drivers side engine compartment. If you see a DOC/DPF canister, it has Tier4 emissions, and thus has been doing automatic regens without owner knowing it. If you do not see the DOC/DPF cannister, it was one of the last Kioti DK tractors made without Tier4.

Last edited:
He, the seller knows it doesn't have re-gen which was the point of my searching out the mfg date to begin with. Besides I missed that buy anyway.

/ Kioti Year Model Details #10  
"N" is 2013. Just a confirmation of that table.