Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #1  

OrangeAgain

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti RX7320PC, 1983 Kubota L275 4WD, 1981 John Deere 2440 2WD row crop tractor
It's been quite some time since my Kioti has regenerated.

Is there a manual regeneration I should perform? How?

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #2  
I mean, maybe it doesnt have to? I know of a lot of Branson guys who have HUNDREDS of hours between regens. Maybe it just doesn’t need it? Appears it has a regen button, and needs to be parked with the park brake engages etc. I’m sure there is an online owners manual you can access, I know TYM has all of theirs available on their site for free, maybe Kioti does too?

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating
I rarely operate my RX7320 above 1500+ RPMs.

Is there a way to determine when the last regen was?

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #4  
I rarely operate my RX7320 above 1500+ RPMs.

Is there a way to determine when the last regen was?
Doubtful, but if it’s not requesting a regen, and it is running properly, I’d be inclined to just operate it.

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #5  
Modern Tier4 (DPF) particulate filters works by using heat to passively regenerate and burn the soot that is collected, for this to happen the engine needs to work under load of rpms above 1800+ to be efficient. I have 420h on my mechanical injected Kukje engine and it has never requested a regen, but common rail engines require far more often regens per cycle hours. I would study your user manual or call your dealer what their shop says from experience with your model of tractor.

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #6  
Modern Tier4 (DPF) particulate filters works by using heat to passively regenerate and burn the soot that is collected, for this to happen the engine needs to work under load of rpms above 1800+ to be efficient. I have 420h on my mechanical injected Kukje engine and it has never requested a regen, but common rail engines require far more often regens per cycle hours. I would study your user manual or call your dealer what their shop says from experience with your model of tractor.
And at least with mechanical injection, the owner has the option of bypassing the DPF completely if they really desire

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating
I operated my RX7320, for brush hogging yesterday, for about three hours at 2000 - 2200 RPMs. I stopped because the engine temp, usually in the normal range, moved to midway between normal and hot. There was a lot of dust and plant debris so I'll clean the air filter this AM.

Should I have expected a regen during the three hours of brush hogging?

I pushed the regen button but nothing happened. ???

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #8  
Yep, that’s a good workout. Sure … blow out the air filter… but it’s the rad that you should Blow out too. That’s probably the best thing to do to keep the engine cool. Engine off, remove the screen if there’s one, and blow air forwards carefully so as not to bend the cooling fins…😉

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #9  
Bring a battery powered leafblower for blowing out radiator fins for field use, then an air radiator genie with an air tank when you get home. You be surprised how much more dust comes out. I mow commercially fields and pastures on the side, it's essential to keep the tractor working.

/ Kioti RX7320 Is Not Regenerating #10  
Pretty sure I read on this forum that the regen on that tractor requires it to be parked, with parking brake set. I would really implore you to get your hands on a manual to see the appropriate steps for knowing when a regen is required, how the tractor requests one, and how to complete one. I fear most of the regen issues people have, are a result of not knowing, and pushing buttons when they shouldnt.