Kioti rx7320 brakes?

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #1  

ironman1952

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kioti RX7320pccb
Greetings earthlings; :) I got my new tractor today and noticed something strange. When going forward slowly when you step on the brake it does not stop the tractor it just keeps going. The dealer said you have to put in neutral, step on the clutch and then brake. Is that correct?

als is the rear view mirror an option?
thanks

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #2  
Is your tractor a hydro? If so, I never use the brake to stop - I just let off the pedal or, if necessary, slightly push back using reverse.

I only use the brake to lock when parking or to get off the seat and keep the engine running.

If you have a gear tractor I am unfamiliar and cannot help.

Congrats on the new tractor! Have fun.

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #3  
Is this a power shuttle ?
To stop you would need to put the shuttle lever in neutral and/or step on the clutch to stop/brake

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes?
Thanks it is a power shuttle. Just seems to defy logic that a brake pedal does not stop the vehicle. But thanks I am sure I will get used to it.
I just worry that when pushing a pile to an edge of a hill or similar the feeling that i am going over with the pile. I am sure with time and use this feeling will dissipate. :) Thanks for your thoughts I have a lot to learn and I read all of your comments with great thought :)

Help save the newbies from themselves :)

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #5  
If it has a clutch, it sounds like a manual transmission. For the 120 years or so that manual transmissions have been in use in vehicles, you always have had to press the clutch before stopping.

With highway vehicles, if you let off on the "gas" pedal and press the brake without pressing the clutch, you typically kill the engine. But tractors have very low gearing, so typically they just keep going - the brakes don't have enough power to kill the engine.

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #6  
Thanks it is a power shuttle. Just seems to defy logic that a brake pedal does not stop the vehicle. But thanks I am sure I will get used to it.
The brakes do stop the tractor.
But you do need to disengage it from being in gear with the clutch or the shuttle lever neutral just like nearly all gear drive machines for the past 100+ years

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes?
Boy, Its been probably a decade since I have driven a manual transmission and you are so right clutching is required if you dont want the engine to die. Boy I must be losing my mind :)
Thanks for that so obvious answer.

/ Kioti rx7320 brakes? #8  
So did you get your answer? Little confusing. My 7320 when you punch the brake pedal it will stop the tractor but yea you want to push the clutch button or pedal if you want to stop. It also engages the 4wd for better stopping also and you will see the 4wd light up