Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Watching tractor YouTubes and I stumbled upon the claim that Kioti's NX series are expected to go 20,000 hours before rebuilding.

Any pushback or affirmations?

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #2  
Wow- that green comment was a shot across the bow for JD:D I like it -especially if the new Kiotis can back it up long term.

i seem to remember some engine hour postings IIRC by MBTRAC ? Quoting some very impressive Kioti engine hours in the past. It almost sounds as if these new Kioti engines are more like a medium duty vs. light duty to rebuild rating??

Anyway i am impressed, if true

Last edited:
   / Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #3  
Very impressive. I would say that 20K hours is beyond what most on TBN will ever put on a single tractor.

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #4  
Very impressive. I would say that 20K hours is beyond what most on TBN will ever put on a single tractor.

At a little over a hundred a year, lets say 130 I am not going to live long enough to find out. And neither is anyone else.:shocked:

Even when I was mowing a bunch at my old place, I think I put on maybe 400 to 500 a year.. and I would not find out there either.

If you were in a truck, and averaged 50 Miles per hour (over the road driving). Then you would need to drive One Million miles to use 20,000 hours.

One Million miles is of course doable, for an over the road trucker, and lots of them have done it and more, but to an average person that is quite a bit.

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #5  
The tractor would be a pile of crap around a still running engine?

Last edited:
   / Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #6  
I have a John Deere 310 B backhoe its a 1984 , it was a front line machine except the last 10 years , it has 11,000 hours on it and it . Its in ok shape for its age and runs great . It took 20 years to get 10K hours as a full time machine , and 10 more years for 1K hours as a part time machine . At 20k hours the machine would probably be 60 years old if not older.

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #7  
The 20,000 hour claim, true or not, seems pretty meaningless to real world users. I suppose if you have a 4 year old grandchild, and plan on leaving it to your son, and then his kids, maybe... Not that they don't look like nice tractors. But I buy used, and when I search for machines, like on the classifieds here, you will see maybe 205 Kubotas listed, and 4 Kiotis. Could change, in 10 years time, but for now, easier to think Kubota.

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #8  
We have forklifts at work that are over 20,000 hours at ~10 years old. Figure 6 hours a day, 5 days a week (1560 hours), plus 12 weeks of overtime for our busy season (an extra 37 hours per week, 444 more hours) and you are at 2004 hours per year.

Aaron Z

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #9  
19,942 hrs to go. Guess I should amend the will.

/ Kioti NX-series Claims 20,000 hours before engine overhaul #10  
We have forklifts at work that are over 20,000 hours at ~10 years old. Figure 6 hours a day, 5 days a week (1560 hours), plus 12 weeks of overtime for our busy season (an extra 37 hours per week, 444 more hours) and you are at 2004 hours per year.

Aaron Z

Thing is, running a motor steady like that (with maintance) is MUCH easier on the motor than all the cold starting and stopping that will happen to 99.9% of the tractors that folks buy on this site... BIG difference there!

That's the biggest reason why over the road trucks last so long....

SR