Kioti DK65S – can’t shift PTO Selection Lever to independent mode

/ Kioti DK65S – can’t shift PTO Selection Lever to independent mode #1  

figurado

Tractor
none
My 2008 DK65S is stuck in ground mode and the PTO Selection Lever will not move forward into independent mode. The manual says “To select an operating mode; stop the tractor completely, reduce the engine speed to idle, turn PTO clutch switch to neutral position, depress the clutch pedal and now select the PTO operating mode.” The tricky part for one person is to depress the clutch pedal and then get out of the cab and walk to the rear to move the PTO Selection Lever forward into independent mode. I will note that when the PTO shaft is rotating, depressing the clutch does not disengage the PTO. I've tried following the instructions exactly and have gotten nowhere. Maybe I'm missing something simple. Thanks in advance!
DK65S PTO selection lever.jpg
Kioti DK65S PTO Selection Lever.jpg

/ Kioti DK65S – can’t shift PTO Selection Lever to independent mode #2  
On my CK model, there is a folding wire clip to hold down the clutch pedal. It folds against the shaft when not in use and catches against the floor board when in use. Yours may have the same set up to allowing one person to move that rear selector lever. Sorry I don't have any more tips. Good luck.

/ Kioti DK65S – can’t shift PTO Selection Lever to independent mode
On my CK model, there is a folding wire clip to hold down the clutch pedal. It folds against the shaft when not in use and catches against the floor board when in use. Yours may have the same set up to allowing one person to move that rear selector lever. Sorry I don't have any more tips. Good luck.
I don't see that mine has a folding wire clip. I used a piece of 1x2 wedged against the steering wheel. Oops, wait a minute. I found it. Thanks 34Willys!

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK65S – can’t shift PTO Selection Lever to independent mode #4  
That's how I do it with my truck!
Patrick