Kioti Dk55 slow drive

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #21  
A mostly plugged one. Always start with the simple stuff first.
But I do not know where the clutch filter is located? So hopefully someone more familiar with them will explain it to us.

But I agree, start with the simple stuff first.

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #22  
I have my DK55 split waiting on a new clutch I ordered. The bell housing is sealed so l doubt you would smell any burning. My clutch self destructed and I never smelled anything. The description totally sounds like a slipping clutch. Exactly the way my Case 311 is running and I need to split it and replace the clutch.

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #24  
But I do not know where the clutch filter is located? So hopefully someone more familiar with them will explain it to us.

But I agree, start with the simple stuff first.
I know nothing about Kioti's except what I read on here so if it's a hydro or gear drive, don't have a clue. If it is indeed a dry clutch, I'd say it replacement time as it's shot. I don't do dry clutches on my Kubota's. Both are hydraulic shuttle, multiplate wet clutch. Never adjusted them. No need to.

I'd never buy any tractor with a dry clutch because sooner or later it requires replacement.

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #25  
Not sure if your Kioti model has vacuum rubber line hose near transmission on pedal side crack etc....Kubota did on L2800.

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #26  
Also, the foot throttle is your friend. Use it and the clutch will last a lot more and I really mean a looot more.
I always use my foot throttle and throttle up/down as needed when doing loader work or forward/reversing.
2450 hours and I haven't needed the first clutch adjustment yet.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Dk55 slow drive #27  
I always use my foot throttle and throttle down when forward/reversing.
2450 hours and I haven't needed the first clutch adjustment yet.
Same here and same with most people here. That's why a clutch on this side of the pond will last easily 4000+ hours and more.

I keep reading on the forum, a particular user, that keeps scaring people with a clutch replacement at less than 2000 hours or whatever number he throws out. It's just silly.

I, honestly, cringe very hard every time I see, on videos, people doing loader work with the engine revved too the moon and just slipping the cr@p of that clutch for absolutely no reason other than laziness. No wonder why a simple clutch get such a bad rep and it's such a big deal to others.

/ Kioti Dk55 slow drive #28  
Assigning hours of operation to the life of a clutch is ridiculous. it depends on how the tractor is used. When I purchased my USED DK55 with 2600 hours, the clutch was slipping. The tractor came from a landscape supply yard. The three point hitch and the PTO were never used. It was used strictly as a loader tractor. 2500 hours is a lot on a clutch constantly slipping. That is why industrial tractors use torque converters instead of clutches. Those of you who comment on having high hours on the tractor are not using it as a loader tractor, it is a tractor with the occasional use of a loader. As for throttle down, unless you are using a very high gear, most tractor activities do not require riding a clutch regardless of engine speed. Back blade or box blade work is performed at 1 MPH so the clutch is on off.

Try the adjustment. The factory builds in room for adjustment. That is free. others who profess that as long as you are ready to spend thousands are only saying so because it is not their money.