Kioti DK45S, 50, 65S, Transmission/Rear Axle

/ Kioti DK45S, 50, 65S, Transmission/Rear Axle #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
Does anyone know if Kioti uses the same transmission, and 3 speed range rear axle in the DK series of 45, 45S, 50, 65, and 65S tractors. I do understand that the "S" series have an additional syncro on the mainshaft. What exactly does this additional syncro do, that the earlier transmissions didn't. I am particularly interested in the fact that the Kioti appears to have a much more massive rear in it with heavier shafts exiting the rear housing. I felt that if the same massive unit is used in all models, that it must be very "bullet proof" to also handle 65 ponies of engine torque being put through it. Many other brands just don't look as massive, and after checking with a magnet I find that the material is cast steel. A big plus for durability in the extreme long haul as far as I'm concerned. Does anyone know what size the rear axles are? They even look larger than the axles on the New Holland TC48, and 55 tractors. Thanks for any answers, IH3444

/ Kioti DK45S, 50, 65S, Transmission/Rear Axle #2  
<font color="blue">They even look larger than the axles on the New Holland TC48, and 55 tractors. </font>

That is because they are! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think it was a Kubota M6800 that I was looking at our county fair last year, and to be quite honest the rear on it didn't look near as big and or durable as my Kioti.

I think all the Kioti models that I have seen look "beefy" in the drivetrain area. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti DK45S, 50, 65S, Transmission/Rear Axle #3  
All of those tractors that you mention all have different rear ends, but all do have a 3 speed rear-end. None of the gears or internals are the same parts from those models to the others.

The "S" doesn't specifically mean double syncro. Basically the "S" just designates the new style models for the 65, & 45. Both new styles in both tractors do have several changes made to the tractors, like the double syncro in the 45. The double syncro will make for a smoother shifting shuttle. You will notice the 55 does not have the "S" and this is because this model has always had the sloped hood design. You mention 50 in your post, i assume you mean 55? The DK50 is no longer in production.

You are correct about the Kioti's being very heavy with thick castings. Kioti will tend to out weigh, and have much beefier components than other brands.