Kioti CS2610 difficault to start

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #1  

Hugo86

Tractor
Kioti CS2610
Hello,

I have some trouble with getting my Kioti CS2610 running. It only works with an additional battery connecteted.
Battery already replaced (45ah).

I put multi meter between starter plus connection and battery plus.
12.4 volt normal, when starting it goes down to 8 volt.

I already checked ground cable, resitance etc. I'm now thinking it should be the starter itself.
Is there any way to get this checked?
Does anybody know how i can get the starter out? I tried today but i cannot access the bolts. looks like i need to remove the whole dashboard?

Any suggestions, tips would be welcome.

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #2  
If it turns over fast with additional battery I'm not so sure it's the starter, but I'm only guessing.

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #3  
Does this mean you measured the voltage drop between the battery positive terminal and the starter positive post?
8 volts when cranking?

If so, that means you’re getting 8 volts drop in the cable from the battery to the starter.
A battery’s voltage across it’s posts will drop to (say) 10 volts when cranking. This means if the cable has a 8 volt voltage drop in it when cranking, the starter (and ground path back to battery negative post) can only get the remaining 2 volts. Sounds like a bad cable.

When you say you measured cable resistance, what was the value? When cranking amps are (say) 200 amps, the resistance only needs to be .04 ohms to get an 8 volt drop, leaving only 2 volts for the starter.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #4  
I put multi meter between starter plus connection and battery plus.
12.4 volt normal, when starting it goes down to 8 volt.
I'm confused.. If you measured across the starter cable and got anything above 0v, then there is a problem with the starter cable.

If you mean you measured voltage at the battery and then at the starter, and got a lower reading at the starter, then the cable, or one of its connectors, is most likely bad.

If you measured voltage at the battery and then at the starter while starting, and both voltages read low, then its most likely the battery, new replacement or not.

All this said, there was a time when Kioti's starter cables were corroding inside the insulation causing slow and no start symptoms. I dont know how old your 2610 is, but its a distinct possibility.

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start
Dears,

It's been a while ago but still having starting problems (the starter runs but too slow to get the engine started) with the Kioti CS2610.
I have tried several things:

- Placed new battery
- Placed new key switch

When I connect the starter motor directly with the +on the battery the tractor starts immediately.

Looks like there is somewere some resistance. The only thing I could think of is resistance in the neutral safety switch.
Any more ideas?

Regards,

Hugo

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #6  
Key switch and Neutral wouldn't cause a slow starter as no starting power runs through them.

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #8  
Dears,

It's been a while ago but still having starting problems (the starter runs but too slow to get the engine started) with the Kioti CS2610.
I have tried several things:

- Placed new battery
- Placed new key switch

When I connect the starter motor directly with the +on the battery the tractor starts immediately.

Looks like there is somewere some resistance. The only thing I could think of is resistance in the neutral safety switch.
Any more ideas?

Regards,

Hugo
So you ran a cable off the + side battery to the + side of the solenoid and she cranks right over. Not sure if the same but on my 2620 the + cable runs directly to starter. I would start by replacing that cable.

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start
See below the electrial schedule for starting.
Honestly I don't know what to do.

Electrical system.jpg

/ Kioti CS2610 difficault to start #10  
Change the ground cable. Clean the connections with sandpaper, apply di-electric grease, at frame and post. Heck if you’re doing one cable, why not both?! Shouldn’t cost you $50. Report back…