Kioti CK4010hst Tachometer issue.

/ Kioti CK4010hst Tachometer issue. #1  

mrbullred

Tractor
Kioti 4010 hst
New guy here from Louisiana. Just bought a new Kioti ck4010hst. I have 12 hours on it since I picked it up last week. Yesterday, the tachometer started to act up and would not return to 0 when the engine is shut off. It rest at 1700 however when idling it reads 2700. As I throttle up to where the engine sounds like it should be running while running the pto the tach reads close to 4000.

So it seems to be working but the needle is just off by 1700 rpms. Brand new so I know its under warranty but its about a 3.5 hour drive round trip to the dealership.

Any ideas? Link to the video below. Thanks!
https://youtu.be/dgvwEEu8bz4

/ Kioti CK4010hst Tachometer issue.
You are the man! I took the dash cover off and just unplugged the tach, sprayed it, and plugged it back in an walla, back to zero.

/ Kioti CK4010hst Tachometer issue. #4  
Nice! Glad it was an easy fix and saved you from a long trip to the dealer for such a simple thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for updating us back on the solution. Most times, people come here with an issue, they get all the info they need and we never get to hear if they fix it or not.

/ Kioti CK4010hst Tachometer issue. #5  
Nice! Glad it was an easy fix and saved you from a long trip to the dealer for such a simple thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for updating us back on the solution. Most times, people come here with an issue, they get all the info they need and we never get to hear if they fix it or not.

Often times, you can just unhook the negative battery terminal for a couple minutes. This clears whatever "noise" is in the tach unit and lets it reset. Just a little easier than getting to the dash plug. We think this phenomenon has something to do with sun/heat build up in the unit. Not sure, but we mostly see this if the tractor is out in the direct sun for an extended period of time. It most often clears with just the negative battery terminal disconnect.

Hope this helps