Kioti CK35 brakes sticking.

/ Kioti CK35 brakes sticking. #1  

Dave from GA & KY

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 Kioti CK35
I've got a 15 year old Kioti CK35. Lately the brakes have been sticking on, I've got to pull the brake pedal up with the toe of my boot to fully release them. I've gone over the linkage with WD 40 & inspected for damage, but I've not taken the brakes apart. I guess it's time for a brake job. How difficult is a brake job on these tractors. I've done tons of brakes on cars/trucks, but never on a tractor. Any suggestions appreciated!

/ Kioti CK35 brakes sticking. #2  
Brake peddle return spring broken or weak ?
Did you lube up the shaft where it goes into the case (may be corroded)
I doubt the brakes needing replaced are causing your sticking issue.
Your tractor has wet brakes (brakes ride in oil in the transmission case)
Replacing the brakes requires pulling the rear wheels and axle a brake housings.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK35 brakes sticking. #3  
I've got a post about this floating around somewhere, but can't find it. Your problem is where the brake actuator enters into the case. It's a rod several inches long, with a seal inside. The rod gets rusty and starts to seize inside the case. Mine was like yours for a few years, but began to get much worse. Mine got so bad, I had to take it all apart and free things up. If you can get penetrating oil in, and move it enough, you might be able to free it without taking things apart.

What you'll find inside is likely to be in good shape. Mine was driving with the brakes dragging when I bought it, but it wasn't very worn inside. Looked almost new.

/ Kioti CK35 brakes sticking.
Thanks Guys! I'll be looking for this Rod & see if I can get it freed up. Sounds like this just might be my problem.

/ Kioti CK35 brakes sticking. #5  
Thanks Guys! I'll be looking for this Rod & see if I can get it freed up. Sounds like this just might be my problem.
Use a good penetrating solution like Kroll or PB Blaster instead of WD; it will serve you better

/ Kioti CK35 brakes sticking. #6  
Here's the thread. It's for a Bobcat, which should be mechanically identical. This thread has lots of photos.