Kioti CK20HST transmission crash....

/ Kioti CK20HST transmission crash.... #1  

xryan

Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
Ok, so not only have I been having the year from **** personally....but I go to just veg out and do some brush hogging running over some overgrown grassy areas and trim along the hedgerows. I'm cutting away...bla bla bla, BAM immediate stop, grinding. OH ****. foot slam on the clutch.

A grapevine loop (half inch in diameter) must have been sticking out of the dogwood shrubs and of course...landed on the gear shift and as I was going forward it yanked the lever from LOW to HIGH and smashed the high gear trying to change it. UGH. It's totally F'D up. No forward in high range, it goes backwards kind of in high. Low gear works normally as far as I can tell in forward and reverse. I gather that the high gear teeth look like saw teeth and totally rounded in one direction.

Anyone have any experience rebuilding the transmission on this unit. I think mine is a 2004?? I have to check, maybe 2006? Hydro-static drive. UGH my life sucks so bad right now. Just trying to make it to the end of 2018 at this point! I'm probably going to need lots of hard parts I assume...

Looking for opinions, suggestions, parts, tips, etc. I'm not afraid of doing the work, just haven't had a tractor transmission and HST apart before. I guess I can limp along in low gear until winter and rip the whole thing apart and dive in?

Ryan

/ Kioti CK20HST transmission crash.... #2  
I wouldn't continue to use it with all those metal shavings and broken teeth floating around. The next thing I would do is buy a service manual.