Kioti Broken in Half

/ Kioti Broken in Half #241  
Wow, 23 pages of comments from people who have no idea what happened to the tractor to cause the failure. No one has any clue how a modern tractor is designed, to what specifications, to what safety margin or even tested. However, everyone is an expert.

I drove trucks for 38 years. Ask me what the the breaking strength of the frame is! I have no idea! Whats the safety margin on the maximum load? I have no idea. Does that mean I don't know anything about trucks and how they work? Lots of good info on here despite one keyboard commando.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #242  
Wow, 23 pages of comments from people who have no idea what happened to the tractor to cause the failure. No one has any clue how a modern tractor is designed, to what specifications, to what safety margin or even tested. However, everyone is an expert.
No, only one or two are acting like experts. The rest are assuming the actual experts are the experts and know what they are doing when designing their stuff.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #243  
Right there is a reason the warranty may not be honored since this tractor is obviously exceeding the drawbar tow rating.
It's close, but it's not exceeding the tow rating. That tractor gets 5,500 KGs or just above 12,000 lbs of tow rating with a braked trailer.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #244  
It might be time for you to consider a construction machine that’s more capable of withstanding abuse.
I may already have them but I use what I have on the job site mainly because of the transportation time. The tractors are so handy for building small roads and drives that when tree work is needed all I have to have is the grapple attachment with me. So yes I have them with a Cat 416 on the way, BUT the tractor will still get used for the occasional tree job. My small frontend loader is the main grapple wearer now! CJ

/ Kioti Broken in Half #245  
It's close, but it's not exceeding the tow rating. That tractor gets 5,500 KGs or just above 12,000 lbs of tow rating with a braked trailer.

I stand corrected. My reasoning was from my own NX6010, whose drawbar is rated only at 7500 pounds.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #246  
"It has really well thoughout controls, all work is done one hand on the wheel, the other on the loader control, with forward and reverse there, and a gas pedal. Totally simple."

The modern wheel loaders are doing away with the steering wheel making operating even simpler.
Yep our local rock quarry has one. Single joystick with built in switches. Took the operator a few hours to get the hang of it. Now he swears by it and doesn't want a steering wheel. :)

/ Kioti Broken in Half #247  
Caterpillar got rid of steering wheels in the early 2000's.
Yeah they did that with their road graders too. Now they offer the steering wheel again. Lost a lot of business to JD.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #248  
I'm only a 30 year tractor/loader/excavator owner, so I can always learn more, what can you offer?

I enjoy learning about structural testing and safety margins, I test and certify airplane designs for a living....
Tractors and airplanes are different animals ?

/ Kioti Broken in Half #249  
My father in law was a mechanical engineer. He worked as a guidance engineer for Lockead missles and space designing guidance systems for nuclear weapons for 40 years. My wife is named after a missle he worked on. His side job was in stress fracture analysis. He would determine why something failed and what might be done to prevent it. He worked on Farris wheels, military hardware, home explosion etc. The list goes on and on!
From a metallurgical standpoint the answer to "are tractors and airplanes differant?" The answer is a resounding NO!

/ Kioti Broken in Half #250  
Tractors and airplanes used to be built with different philosophy's;

one which I still agree with is'
if in doubt build it stout.

an airplane has to balance stout with weight;
because even though with enough power even a brick can fly it doesn't work worth a dang.