KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal??

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #1  

NWKIOTI

Tractor
Kioti 3510
Hello,
Looking to purchase a 60 hp tractor with cab in a HST for maintaining the roads through my property. Roads are around 1-1.5 miles long. I currently own a KIOTI 3510 Hst with a WOODS 74' rear snowblower, it does ok, but tends to bog down when I dont keep up with the snow. I am looking into purchasing a Cab tractor with more HP at PTO, 3510 has 29hp the KIOTI 6010 has 48hp at the PTO. Does anyone use there KIOTI 5510 or 6010 for snow removal, and I would be interested in knowing your set up.

Thanks

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #2  
Mines only a 45 hp hst unit, never had any issues with north idaho snowfall. I feel hst units offer a greater advantage when blowing snow as you can easily slow down or speed up without shifting gears. Not sure what transmission options are available in the larger 60 hp models.

my own personal desires is to never own a DEF system in anything.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #3  
I'm running a 78" blower with 30 hp, no issues in 25 years. If there's more than 18" of snow, the going is slow, but not enough to warrant a tractor upgrade. With over a mile of roads the blower is always going to be slow, have you considered a front mounted plow? I'd go that route and keep the blower on the back.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal??
I'm running a 78" blower with 30 hp, no issues in 25 years. If there's more than 18" of snow, the going is slow, but not enough to warrant a tractor upgrade. With over a mile of roads the blower is always going to be slow, have you considered a front mounted plow? I'd go that route and keep the blower on the back.
My property is 300 miles away and at times we have snow storms that will dump 12"+ , my 74'' snowblower is rated up to 50hp PTO, I was thinking greater HP will help, a cab would be nice also.
My roads are long and narrow, with a plow, I would have place to put pile it up but at the end of the road. Not sure how my 35hp tractor would handle that.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #5  
I use plow and blower. Plow during early snow season, blower later in season. I find i run out of room and roads get too narrow with continuous plowing. Blower leaves roads open.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #6  
I’m running a rear pull Normand 84 on a PTO rated 56 HP and will never own another front blower. You couldn’t pay me to run rear facing blower.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #7  
Up there in the NW there are several Yanmar YT359C’s for sale with the excellent and highly efficient integrated hydro mechanical transmission. 52 PTO HP. Mid mount PTO for a front mount snow blower as well.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #8  
Price just dropped to $47K. Bit of a bargain.

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal?? #9  
A couple of random thoughts...

Your property is 300 miles away? From where you live?

And you need to clear snow from it in winter? Why?

You have between 1 and 1.5 miles to clear? I would not wish this on you with a rear facing snow blower, regardless of size. I would opt for a front mounted, front facing snow blower.

Where is "NW"? Specifically?

I run a 72" rear facing snow blower on 32 pto hp with no problems. My driveways (2) are less than 300 feet long (each).

/ KIOTI 6010 HST Cab for snow removal??
I’m running a rear pull Normand 84 on a PTO rated 56 HP and will never own another front blower. You couldn’t pay me to run rear facing blower.
What tractor are you using?