King Kuttter 6' Finish Mower - 1991 Spindle bearings

/ King Kuttter 6' Finish Mower - 1991 Spindle bearings #1  

onetotaltoollman

Tractor
john deere 3520
Ok - i'm pretty good at finding parts. Bought this 6' finish mower from a guy that said he bought it new in 1991. Great price,
and one spindle bearing is bad. No biggie i'm thinking. Ordered a re-build kit off ebay. Then took apart the spindle waiting for parts. Parts show up - problem. The bearings in the spindle are tapered. Number on them says "720 SE" Seal says "5253". I called King Kutter corp. and they say they have never changed spindles, and their kits are flat bearings as well. hmmm,,,, To make things worse, i can't cross reference the bearing or seall numbers that came out of the spindle. I'm stumped. Additionally, all three existing spindles are th same, and the original owner was not really mechanical at all, so can't see him deciding to change out the original spindles for aftermarkets. I'm completely stumped. Anyone have experience with these older spindlles???

/ King Kuttter 6' Finish Mower - 1991 Spindle bearings #2  
Ok - i'm pretty good at finding parts. Bought this 6' finish mower from a guy that said he bought it new in 1991. Great price,
and one spindle bearing is bad. No biggie i'm thinking. Ordered a re-build kit off ebay. Then took apart the spindle waiting for parts. Parts show up - problem. The bearings in the spindle are tapered. Number on them says "720 SE" Seal says "5253". I called King Kutter corp. and they say they have never changed spindles, and their kits are flat bearings as well. hmmm,,,, To make things worse, i can't cross reference the bearing or seall numbers that came out of the spindle. I'm stumped. Additionally, all three existing spindles are th same, and the original owner was not really mechanical at all, so can't see him deciding to change out the original spindles for aftermarkets. I'm completely stumped. Anyone have experience with these older spindlles???

You might want to post some pictures of the spindles and someone here may be able to help identify them.