King Kutter Disc

/ King Kutter Disc #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I am looking at a king kutter disc. I wonder if anyone can tell me if they are any good. I am not needing a top of the line disc for what I am doing with it, but I want a decent one. I was hoping to find a used one but that is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

/ King Kutter Disc #2  
Hey Deere 755, Where in Illinois? I have a KK xb 5' and it works good! I added a 75lb or so wheel weight on it for little extra weight but overall I like it.

/ King Kutter Disc #4  
newt92 said:
Hey Deere 755, Where in Illinois? I have a KK xb 5' and it works good! I added a 75lb or so wheel weight on it for little extra weight but overall I like it.

newt pm me a price on that might take it off your hands looking for one also pics if you got em eightball3290@wowway.com thanks

/ King Kutter Disc #5  
I have a 7.5 foot disc KK. Just make sure you get the box frame and not the angle frame! When I was looking TSC had an angle frame disc on the lot that had been returned. The frame had been bent in a few places. seeing that made my decision. My box frame is very strong. I wish I could angle the front and rear inline rather than coming to a point in the middle. it would keep the finished passes more even.

/ King Kutter Disc #7  
I got the 6-1/2' KK box frame about 5 yrs ago and it's been a good one. I gave about $950 for it back then. If I did it today I'd try to get one with the seratted (notched) discs front and back as I do a lot garden prepreation with old corn stocks and other vegetation that needs to be chopped up. I have 5 different KK implements and they're decent quality for what you pay for them. I have 35 hp to pull my disc with. bjr

/ King Kutter Disc #8  
I have the KK 6' angle frame disc. It has worked really well for me, but if I was doing it again I would buy the tube framed model so it would last longer. I am very careful with it, never turning or backing with it in the ground, and when I carry it I drive slow so it does not bounce on that angle frame. I added a wood box that holds several hundred pounds of cast iron for down pressure too. That's what makes the difference. Actually this angle frame might last me longer than a tube frame would since I know I have to be extra careful with it. Just remember they are made for dragging forward and nothing else.

/ King Kutter Disc
newt92 said:

I am in Sullivan Illinois. I am glad to hear that everyone is happy with KK disks. I intend to mount a 2 bar harrow on the back to help level up the seed bed. Sounds as though I need to get the heavier frame if i am going to do that.

/ King Kutter Disc #10  
I bought KK's 6 1/2' box frame model last year from TSC at an end of the season closeout price of $845. It sure looks very similar to the Frontier's on my local JD dealer's lot, excepting of course the paint (or relative lack of it on the KK). It's the 18/20 combo - 18" fluted blades on the front and 20" regular on the rears axles. -WSJ