Kind of impressed with this trailer

/ Kind of impressed with this trailer #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
   / Kind of impressed with this trailer #2  
I’ve never been a fan of military trailers. They’re way too tall.

/ Kind of impressed with this trailer #3  
I am a big fan of super singles.

/ Kind of impressed with this trailer #4  
I am a big fan of super singles.

I’d rather have a set of 17.5 duels anytime. If you pop a tire replacing one duel is a lot cheaper than a super single. And a duel tandem can mostly operate with a flat where super singles can’t. One plus to the super singles is they don’t get rocks stuck between them. If you were comparing a 10k axel with duel 16” tires or one 17.5” I’d rather have the 17.5” because 16” trailer tires suck but if you were comparing a heavy duty truck super single I’d rather have the duels.

/ Kind of impressed with this trailer #5  
I’d rather have a set of 17.5 duels anytime. If you pop a tire replacing one duel is a lot cheaper than a super single. And a duel tandem can mostly operate with a flat where super singles can’t. One plus to the super singles is they don’t get rocks stuck between them. If you were comparing a 10k axel with duel 16” tires or one 17.5” I’d rather have the 17.5” because 16” trailer tires suck but if you were comparing a heavy duty truck super single I’d rather have the duels.
I was speaking of my experience with deckover gooseneck trailers with 10k axles, I don't really have any experience with the larger ones, everyone likes something different and to each his own but I agree 100% about 16" tires being pitiful.

/ Kind of impressed with this trailer
I was thinking that trailer might work well behind my dump truck, but I need to see about the deck height. I’m guessing ~42”.
Pretty good price for a nice condition, air brake trailer with a pretty decent GVWR (32,600).
Also has dual jacks and a spare.
Most tandem axle air brake trailers around here are 20-26K GVWR

1701032123690.jpeg