Killed My Challnger II FM...

/ Killed My Challnger II FM... #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Well, I don't recall the exact time a couple of weeks ago but I rember the FM drive belt poping off. So I decide to do some roto cutting rather than fight the belt back on. Leaving the finish mower set. Today I hooked up the FM and pulled around to the garage to put the belt on and check the blades.

I noticed I couldn't seem to get the belt tight so I glanced under the cover quiclky to see why.

I noticed the ACCESS hole, Funny I thought, "I don't recall an access hole there" Then it hit me what had happend and I began speaking in what the wife calls SAILOR/ NAVY.... Let just say it was a few well chosen and colorfull words....

I mananged to totally rip the right (if looking at the rear of the tractor) pully and blade assembly out completely. Guess I'll take the time next Sat to see if I can find the assembly and if I so lucky, see if it can be welded back in... If not well any one need any challenger II parts???

Will see if I can get pick of the roughly 6" hole, it was to dark by the time I finnished other chores today.....

/ Killed My Challnger II FM... #2  
Hmmmm, Lil' Paul it sounds to me like you had one of those days that we all have sooner or later. I used to look back and find a wheel missing on my RFM from time to time while I was mowing until I finally locked them down using cotter pins.

I hope you get your mower back together without too much hassle.

/ Killed My Challnger II FM...
Would you believe that with 8acres to loose something in, I actually found the whole piece laying next to the house where I first found the problem... Now I hope it welds back in with as much luck....