Kershaw Sky Trim

/ Kershaw Sky Trim #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Passed by this today on the way home from the hunt club and stopped to take a few pictures. This kind of equipment always fascinates me. It looks like it could be fun to operate, but not for a living lol. I didn't get a pic of the far end, but it had a really heavy duty winch bolted to the frame. I thought it was pretty ingenious the way they designed it and mounted the rest for the boom to the rear of the tractor, since it articulates in the middle. You have to admit, it is an impressive piece of machinery, and it looks to be pretty new. Won't look that way for long I bet!!

There was also a NICE, BIG New Holland tractor parked a couple hundred yards down the road, would have gotten some pic's of it but it was parked down in a gulley and I wasn't really motivated to get down in there for some closeup's. It had a really bada$$ forestry mulcher on the back of it. Of course, the tractor itself was armored up with lots of heavy steel protection. Maybe next weekend I can get a pic of it, if they are still in the area.

Attachments

• Kershaw Sky Trim 002.jpg
    Kershaw Sky Trim 002.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 4,831
  • Kershaw Sky Trim 003.jpg
    Kershaw Sky Trim 003.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 706
  • Kershaw Sky Trim 006.jpg
    Kershaw Sky Trim 006.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 694
  • Kershaw Sky Trim 004.jpg
    Kershaw Sky Trim 004.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 611
   / Kershaw Sky Trim #2  
I would have thought the blade would get pinched when a branch moved the wrong way. I would have a pincher on the boom that could cut off 12" green wood.
On the other hand if it was dropped off at my drive I might have room for it.

Craig Clayton

/ Kershaw Sky Trim #3  
After reviewing the website, it is a Sky Trim 75 G2 tree trimmer. The boom extends out to 75 feet. It is definitely an impressive piece of machinery. The website did not disclose the price, but I would think that it would be costly.:)

/ Kershaw Sky Trim #4  
A similar machine in operation.. Wonder how many wires they cut?:laughing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jH-AOr8bTE&feature=related]Jarraff line trimmer| power line clearance trimming machine - YouTube[/ame]

/ Kershaw Sky Trim #5  
Here's a pic I got last winter.

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 641
   / Kershaw Sky Trim #6  
I would have thought the blade would get pinched when a branch moved the wrong way. I would have a pincher on the boom that could cut off 12" green wood.
On the other hand if it was dropped off at my drive I might have room for it.

Craig Clayton

I've heard them run before and that saw cuts those limbs like it's nothing.:D

/ Kershaw Sky Trim #7  
They were using similar equipment to "winter proof" power line ROW's around here in late summer. What was kind of wild was the amount of vertical bounce you see on the boom end when it was running fully extended. The amplitude of the swing looked to be over a foot. At times it looked like the operator was intentionally taking advantage of the oscillation while cutting ...

Nick