Kerosene in kubota zd21

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
I forget if there’s kerosene or diesel in my yellow gas can, if it’s kerosene will it hurt it? I have about a quarter tank of diesel in my mower, so it would be diluted a bit.

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #2  
K1 is very dry...not great for injection pumps. You should be able to smell the difference?

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21
K1 is very dry...not great for injection pumps. You should be able to smell the difference?
I tried to do a smell test but they’re very close. It’s 5 gallons of potential kerosene vs 3ish gallons of diesel. I’ll toss in some diesel kleen just in case.

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21
Well, it was actually diesel, or it runs fine on kerosene with some additive. Smell test a few times and even had the wife do it and comprae it to the bullet heater and zero turn gas tanks and she couldn't tell the difference.

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #5  
In the winter time kerosene is added to the diesel
fuel to keep it from jelling so if it was me I would
get some diesel #2 as kerosene is #1. and try
for 5 gal diesel and 1 gal kerosene mix I would not
make it a habit of burning kerosene in my diesel
engine its not as good as diesel but that little bit
should not hurt it

willy

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #6  
Little off-topic, but I like how Kerosene cans and Water cans are both Blue... :oops:

(I know water cans can be different colors, but usually the 5gal and up are Blue)

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #7  
Kerosene burns a lot hotter than diesel fuel.
Some people use it to heat their house. Now
adays it cost $5 a gal and I remember it was only
9 cents a gallon what the hell happened??? I seen
where business averaged 6 to 8 per cent profits but
oil companies made 54 per cent profit during the same time frame????

willy

/ Kerosene in kubota zd21 #8  
Quite a few of the "old timers" will tell you it's "ok" to run kerosene in tractors for a short period of time -- my view is it lacks diesel fuel's lubricity and will take out most injectors in no time flat.