Ke3d

/ Ke3d #2  
IF you look on the Yanmar web site, and I can't remember the address right off hand, you will see the Ke3d, which is the latest and greatest in Yanmar as far as what I could tell anyway.

I know nothing about them though, but understand that they are the latest and greatest, well maybe not greatest, but the newest stuff out.

Aric
ym1401 /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif

/ Ke3d
I wonder how they got that in the states? Do they meet the new EPA rules now? Parts I am betting is going to be a big pain.

/ Ke3d #5  
I would have to assume that this is a used tractor, imported in the same way as all the greys. I don't think the EPA rules apply to used equipment. I don't know about parts support, though I would hope that whomever originally purchased this tractor from a Japanese exporter would support it. The reputable dealers should be able to get parts for the tractors they purchased from the Japanese exporter from whom they purchased them.

That KE3D is a nice looking tractor. Incidentally, if you take a look at the new Yanmar tractors on their website - the specifications for some list a mid-pto...and I can't think of any implement other than a belly mower that would use a mid-pto. I wonder where you get a belly mower to put under there?

Unfortunately, it looks like Yanmar just changed their website, and the only thing I can find is specs on their newest KE series tractors. I cannot find a link on their site to this page, but found it through some experimentation.

http://ymr01.yanmar.co.jp/english/products/agri/tractor/ke.htm

Greg

/ Ke3d #6  
If it comes with parts book, then parts will be obtainable. I have a very uncommom Yanmar but the exporter sent along a parts book, and owners manual. It's in Japanese but the parts are all listed. I've ordered a few items and the supplier even paid shipping. So it's not as bad as it seems. bw

/ Ke3d #7  
I was surfing through the web site to Yanmar's Ke tractors and I could not help to think that they look very similar to John Deere's 4100 line. I printed out both specs sheets and found that the JD 4100 and the Yanmar Ke-200H are somewhat similar. They both have the Yanmar 3TNE74 engine, same wheelbase and similar weights, brakes. However, there are significant differences in the PTO speeds and Yanmar's have more speeds in the hydrostatic transmission.
I can see it now, in a couple of years we will be trying to cross the Ke series parts to JD 4100 series. Maybe I could import some and paint them green..................
Cameron

/ Ke3d
The older tractors are grandfathered, Newer tractors would have to meet EPA and OSHA rules to be brought in.

/ Ke3d #9  
EPA maybe, but OSHA rules only apply in the work place. I can take the roll bar off, safety interlocks, pop wheelies or what ever and OSHA can't do anything about it, not that I would want to do any of those things. It seems that I once heard that it depended on the tractors horsepower that determined whether the roll bar standards applied. As I think about it, from what I have heard the Japanese have higher emission standards than we do. I wouldn't be surprized if their used tractors meet our standards.