Oil & Fuel KAMA 554 INJECTION PUMP GOVERNOR/ FUEL AIR BLEED

/ KAMA 554 INJECTION PUMP GOVERNOR/ FUEL AIR BLEED #1  

3RRL

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
Tractor
55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284
Several questions for those who know.
My KAMA manual shift maintenance (every 8 to 10 hrs) refers to "checking the oil level in the Injection Pump Governor"...what does it mean and how do you do it? Is there a dipstick for it?
Where and how do you "Bleed the air out of the fuel system "? I figured out when cleaning the bowl it gets rid of sediment and water, I presume, but does that also let the air out? Dumb question but I'm confused.
The manual also says to "Grease (4X) the clutch/brake pedal shaft" but mine has NO zerk fitting on it? What's up with that? Should it have some there? Does it need it there and should I drill & tap and install my own?
I have a Koyker 195 FEL on it. Does it still need the front weights for balance/steadiness?
I found that when moving a heavy bucket full my power steering does not react. I turn the steering wheel but the wheels don't move. I had to lower the loader to take pressure off the front end and then was able to turn the wheels. It does not do this with lighter or no loads in the FEL.
Thanks, Rob

/ KAMA 554 INJECTION PUMP GOVERNOR/ FUEL AIR BLEED #2  
1. there's a mushroom looking vent/cap on the injection pump assembly. That's where you add oil to the "injection pump governor". Level is checked by watching for it to drip out of the side drain.

2. You should only have to bleed the fuel system if you run out of diesel (or if you're not careful when changing the fuel filter).

3. There may be just a hole where the zerk either fell out, or was never installed. Or maybe a slotted plug to remove in favor of a zerk. They're metric by the way - NAPA carries replacements. If none of the above, look for a nylon bushing that suggests you may have a "greaseless" version.

4. I'm surprised you have room to raise and lower the FEL with the suitcase weights still in place. By all means, take them off.

5. The power steering pump is kinda wimpy, it craves RPMs. Keep the revs up, and your steering should return. Also, it's a good idea to use 2wd for FEL work.

//greg//

/ KAMA 554 INJECTION PUMP GOVERNOR/ FUEL AIR BLEED
Thanks Greg,
Interesting observation about using 2WD when doing FEL work...why is that? Does the 4WD affect the power steering?
Also, no fittings, holes or slots on the brake/clutch shaft assembly. I think I'll remove it and instal zerk fittings there.
I admire anyone who can make heads or tails out of those Chinglish manual instructions....been a real tester for a dumb guy like me. Ha!
Rob

/ KAMA 554 INJECTION PUMP GOVERNOR/ FUEL AIR BLEED #4  
front and rear differentials are essentially hardwired at the transfer case - no limited slip. When the rears rotate, the fronts rotate. Each will slip right to left, but there's no slippage front to rear. When pushing into a pile with the FEL - with 4wd engaged - you're inviting asynchronous front-rear wheel slip. When that happens, something's gonna break. Usually inside the front differential or one of the front hubs.

//greg//