KAMA 454 tach question

/ KAMA 454 tach question #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
Small issue.

My KAMA 454's tach is not reading constantly. Some times nothing, sometimes bouncing and sometimes reading correct.

I was told by the delivery guy that the sensor needs to be turned in a bit. He pointed to a device located on the bell housing located 6" up and over from the break pedal.

If this is the correct sensor, how far would you turn it in? It's a brass device with a jamb nut at the base.

Patrick

/ KAMA 454 tach question #2  
With the enging off, turn it in till it touches then back out about a turn and a half to two turns that should get it to read right. You could probably cheat and jsut run it in a quarter to a half turn, if it is reading but not accurate, it is very close.

/ KAMA 454 tach question #3  
What you describe could also be symptomatic of an intermittent electrical connection, so you might also want to visually inspect the actual crimp connector on the sensor end. There's a possibility that the connector is loose on the sensor itself, or perhaps is in the process of separating from the wire. Not positive, but I don't think there's anything operator-accessible on the tach end.

//greg//

/ KAMA 454 tach question
Thanks again Guys. As stated, small issue. She loves the heated garage. I've repainted the wheels because.. it's still clean and I thought do it now before it's covered in mud and dirt! I have a gal of gloss black to get the rest. KAMA does a fine job on the hood/fenders. A few months ago I repainted an old tractor for a friend as a X-mas gift. Painting a clean tractor is ...a joy. So she gets the delux treatment before she goes out to play.

Patrick