KAMA 454 Freeze plug block heater?

/ KAMA 454 Freeze plug block heater? #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
Hello and Happy New Year.

Any KAMA owners ever install a Freeze plug block heater? It looks like the KAMA freeze plugs are high on the block so not optimal for heat transmission. The freeze plug looks to be 32mm. The KAT's 30501 also appears to have the element project in a ways.

If anyone has experience, comments welcomed.

Patrick T.

/ KAMA 454 Freeze plug block heater? #2  
I don't have a KAMA and have not used freeze plugs but my experience might be helpful (Jinma 284). I used KATs lower radiator hose heaters for years with good luck. Someone on this forum recommended Wolverine heating pads for years and I think it was either Greg or Bob Rooks.

I took the plunge this summer and installed two of these heaters: One is on the cast iron oil pan and the other is under the rear transmission, close to the hydraulic sump. This is my first winter so my experience is limited; however, it makes sense to heat the bottom of the oil pan and let the heat rise. Now I don't have to wait for the three point to lift up my 64" snow blower. With the oil and hydraulic fluid pre-heated, everything is off to a better start.

Engine Oil Pan.jpgHydraulic Sump.jpg

Last edited:
   / KAMA 454 Freeze plug block heater?
SmallJobs,

I would like to install a lower Radiator hose heater but the space between the metal parts is only 1.75 inches. Real short hose. I was thinking I could shorten all the parts, Heater, Tractor side and Radiator stub pipe. But I couldn't find dimentions online at Kat's and AutoZone was out of stock.

Used a 100 W light bulb last night but the temp of the pan was only 34 deg, block above was 17 deg. So not much.

Last year, I used my propane torch to heat the intake manifold for 5 mins. Started right up

/ KAMA 454 Freeze plug block heater? #4  
Hello and Happy New Year.

Any KAMA owners ever install a Freeze plug block heater? It looks like the KAMA freeze plugs are high on the block so not optimal for heat transmission. The freeze plug looks to be 32mm. The KAT's 30501 also appears to have the element project in a ways.

If anyone has experience, comments welcomed.

Patrick T.

The farmer where I work has the exact same problem the exact same tractor were you able to fix this if so how did you do it?