Just Used One of These Welders

/ Just Used One of These Welders
This is battery driven. Stick/TIG. I had never seen one before. I'm impressed.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #13  
Most stick welders that you can run reverse polarity on, you can scratch start TIG with so long as the torch you use can be hooked up to a bottle. Having said that I prefer HF no contact start because with scratch start you get weld inclusion and it's hard on the tung.

Just passing along info about a product that I didn't know existed and haven't seen anything on here about. If you guys are aware of it then disregard. I used one today and was highly impressed. Other manufacturers may have one but I'm not aware. They are cool and expensive. I will likely own one when I find out about battery longjevity.

I stick welded, not TIG. I know it will TIG and will likely accept a pedal. But I don't know that. This wasn't about welding knowledge, just a product.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #16  
I stick welded, not TIG. I know it will TIG and will likely accept a pedal. But I don't know that. This wasn't about welding knowledge, just a product.
Please note how long it welds between recharges. I'm curious about that. Nice website but not overly informative.

I stated: It welds about 20 1/8" 7018 rods or 30 3/32" 7018 rods. That's on a single charge or it will weld continuously when the charger is plugged in. I noted and accepted. It's not for everyone but I can say that power plant welders are using them. That speaks volumns.

No. Doesn't have anything to do with power other than convenience. They can carry it up the boiler or turbine deck and not have to have a welding outlet or drag 100 feet of leads. I hired a fab guy to do some minor welding for me at the site I'm at and this welder is what he brought. All of these TVA welders and contractors swear by them.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #20  
Hobart had battery wire but battery stick is wayyyyy toooo cool.