Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!!

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #1  

jbiller79

Tractor
BCS
OK so I have a 1969 Ford 2000 Tractor Gas and this thing is about to be the death of me! lol I just replaced the clutch and got the tractor back together and the clutch works but the PTO doesn't. The shaft will spin freely in any position its in. I would think if the PTO is engaged the shaft won't spin. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jeremy

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #2  
Question, did you pull the pto shaft?

What trans? 4, 6 or 8spd, if 6/8, single or dual clutch

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!!
I didn't pull the PTO shaft, 8 speed, dual clutch. I made some mistakes. I drew it together the last inch with bolts. I did hear some noise but didn't sound like anything broke. The clutch works but not the PTO shaft. The shaft spins and seems like there is no load on it at all.

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #4  
The noise and bolt pull is alarming, however lets look at the pto shifter first

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #5  
Also,was this only a front split engine from trans, ir did you have rear center split from trans as well.

Lastly, is the pto shaft sticking out farther than it used to be.

It was a front split only. I will check the PTO on Saturday and see if its longer. The shifter has play and the linkage going into transmission under the shifter also has play. IM assuming that is a bad seal. If I move the pto by hand and try to engage the Lever with the tractor off I can hear gears moving and some resistance but nothing else. What should I do first?

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #7  
Check the pto shifter as I said.

See what's going in with the fork and coupler

Also time to get your shop manual out. Don't say you don't have one, they are widely available and cheap compared to the price of that tractor

haha I have one.

Soundguy, What manual brand do you have? I have one I picked up at tractor supply but the info is very basic at best.

/ Just replaced Clutch, now PTO Wont work. Help!! #10  
the I&T manual is basic , yes. but for many things it at least shows you exploded diagrams.

i have the factory ford manual ( and the I&T )