Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #111  
First off, why are we putting kubota in the same price category as Deere? My experience is Deere and cat are way more expensive than Kubota in my experience. And the only time I’ve ever been around tym is at rural king…It looks like there is only 7 dealers in ky. Not a good network.

When I was skid steer shopping Takeuchi was the cheapest. I honestly would probably give them a better look next time. Cat and Deere were considerably higher than Kubota.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #112  
Since this thread was started by a guy who was looking at Kubota and then bought TYM because of the pricing, it seems legit in this particular thread to discuss both TYM and Kubota.

In my case, I never go to the Kubota section deliberately, but I frequently browse Today's Posts for interesting topics. I don't think I am excluded from discussing a topic because the post was placed in the Kubota section.

I can 100% promise you that at least 1 prominent poster on TBN that has not 1, but 2 Kubotas, frequently hits other brands sections to demean them. I don't know his search process, whether, like me, he just sees interesting titles or deliberately goes trolling in the other brand's sections. I have no problem with him doing so either way.

It should really benefit all tractor buyers/owners for more competition to exist in the market. My grandpa had a Massey, and an Allis and an IH. Too many of y'all get wound up the brand for the sake of the brand rather than giving an honest shake at any brand.
Uno, I got a Massey. I was just informed we are pot heads. Roll it up!

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #115  
So, who is best? kioti, LS, or tym? Seems the tym really has diehard fans which means they must serve well and are so cheaply priced, does kioti need to cut costs to be competitive in s Korea? LS has a presence here too. Which Korean tractor is tops? I guess the best way to figure it out is to go over used sales on the internet…hold on, i got a runner on my joint…

so, we need to see who has the most used ones for sale with the highest hours, then churn through prices.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #118  
So, who is best? kioti, LS, or tym? Seems the tym really has diehard fans which means they must serve well and are so cheaply priced, does kioti need to cut costs to be competitive in s Korea? LS has a presence here too. Which Korean tractor is tops? I guess the best way to figure it out is to go over used sales on the internet…hold on, i got a runner on my joint…

so, we need to see who has the most used ones for sale with the highest hours, then churn through prices.
Does more used for sale mean good or bad? I could argue either way.

Frankly, I expect another merger/takeover with the Korean brands. Probably max of 2 make it another 20 years. Maybe CNH outright buys LS. Maybe Kubota buys Kioti as their value line. More likely one of them will absorb like TYM did with Branson. Heck, TYM could merge with Yanmar. I don't have hard data, but of the 3, I think LS is more likely to go away. They are newer in the business and seem to be slipping...dealers closing, etc. Their big advantage is the deal with CNH.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #119  

Alright, this is going to be out of my arse, but I'm generally on point. This is all based on my personal experiences with various brands, combined with what I've seen over the years I've been on these forums. So, take this all for what it's worth.

Locally, Branson (Kukje) and TYM were pretty close in price, but now they're one and all the world is a stage. I don't know what the future holds, but they're running some pretty competitive pricing right now. With their acquisition of Kukje, TYM now has their Rome, GA facility and has the ability to assemble even more machines in the United States. Add to that, they're now building their own engines in house. They're serious about the North American market, and I would expect them to be very aggressive in going after Kioti's market share.

Kioti has tried to situate themselves atop the Korean brands in terms of public perception; they, at least recently, were the 3rd largest selling brand of compact tractor in North America. Or maybe that was just in the U.S.? Either way, TYM is gunning for them. Kioti has priced themselves as the premium Korean tractor as well, and are very focused on ergonomics and features. Kioti is the export name for Daedong tractors, and that's the name on the engines. Daedong also produces the current line of Bobcat tractors, and they can often be found cheaper than their Kioti cousins- I often wonder if and of that price difference is in the differing loader and backhoe? Part of it, I'm sure, is due to both Bobcat trying to ingratiate themselves with the public, and Kioti's brand strategy.

LS is my wildcard; I just haven't been impressed with my local available dealers. The tractors are really nice, especially the premium machines. If I were buying an LS I'd probably buy a New Holland, as the dealer is an old Ford franchise that has been in business forever. CNH seems to have a better parts network, and that's something LS owners can absolutely take advantage of.

While I would argue that a good dealer is important no matter the brand, I believe it particularly true with the Korean and Indian brands. I'm less familiar with the assembly and delivery of Deere and Kubota, but I know that the Korean and Indian tractors come in broken down. There is a lot of dealer level assembly, so you want to really trust that service department. Also, a good dealer will fight hard for you in the event of a warranty claim.

20230730_165158.jpg

For the record, I've got a great Massey dealer not 5 minutes away by truck. Why don't I have a MF? They don't have an 1825M; simple as that. From there I looked at Deere, Kubota, Kioti, and Branson; Deere didn't offer a 3025R, and I'm miffed at them over right-to-repair, so scratch that. The Kubota L2502 wasn't out yet, and I wasn't impressed with the ergonomics of the L2501. That left Branson and Kioti; I found the Kioti CK2610 to be more comfortable than the Branson 2515h, but I really liked the Kukje engine and stout build of the Branson. I liked both dealers, so I played them off one another, only to learn that TYM was purchasing Kukje. This sealed the deal in Kioti's favor because I knew the Branson dealer was going to be thrown under the bus by TYM, because they had a dealer of their own down the road. Sure enough, they were.

Anyhow, I'm a frigging nerd with these machines, it keeps me occupied.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502
Last edited: