Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #91  
First off, why are we putting kubota in the same price category as Deere? My experience is Deere and cat are way more expensive than Kubota in my experience. And the only time I’ve ever been around tym is at rural king…It looks like there is only 7 dealers in ky. Not a good network.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #92  
To price them, you have to add on all of the stuff that is standard with the competition, but is an upcharge (if even available) on the basic L series Kubota. Do that and the price will be near or above 30k.
You like tym?

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #93  
First off, why are we putting kubota in the same price category as Deere? My experience is Deere and cat are way more expensive than Kubota in my experience. And the only time I’ve ever been around tym is at rural king…It looks like there is only 7 dealers in ky. Not a good network.
You are thinking construction stuff, not Ag. JD may be a bit higher than Kubota, but both are much more than almost everyone else.

RK is made by TYM, but they are just a few models and are supported by RK, not TYM.
The number of dealers is really a false flag. Most people will only ever use 1.

I have 3 TYM dealers within about an hour and a distribution facility at another location about 45 miles away. The JD dealerships near here are all owned by 1 company, so no competition, just marketing presence. Kubota seems to be moving the same direction. I have noticed local dealerships consolidating. The only advantage for the consumer is if they are fully independent and compete...keeps prices down. I suppose for some people, paying more gives them a false sense of quality (there have been psychological studies on this phenomenon).

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #94  
Oh my. Good luck with all that.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #95  
You like tym?
You like Kubota?

The only advantage Kubota has for me is they have a dealership closer.

After driving them both and doing the math, I would buy the TYM over the Kubota every time if they were priced the same and same distance. I would have paid a little more for a Kubota just based on proximity, but to get anything close to the same tractor the price difference was staggering.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #96  
To price them, you have to add on all of the stuff that is standard with the competition, but is an upcharge (if even available) on the basic L series Kubota. Do that and the price will be near or above 30k.
Hersheyfarm said he was quoted $26,500 for the L2505 hydro. I think he meant the L2502. With the 25hp Kubota being one of Kubota's largest sellers, I can't help but think Kubota should have a hard time competing when buyers see the 48 hp T474H priced at $25,800.

Kubota's reputation and dealer network is what allows them to charge these prices for now. If TYM builds their brand reputation by maintaining good quality manufacturing control backed by good warranty service, they could eat into Kubota's sales with this kind of price advantage.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #97  
A bit of a close-minded approach. Using that logic, there should be only one manufacturer of any product as the others don't have enough sales volume and if everyone uses that logic, they never would. We should all have a F150, a Camry and a JD tractor.

As a Jeep fan, you don't even follow your own logic. Much lower sales on Jeep than almost any other make in the US. Somehow, they still manage to make parts for them. Even if you use the parent company, Stellanis is quite a ways down the list of manufacturers in sales volume.

Seems like you (and many others) fall victim to the marketing of Kubota and Deere as they falsely try to justify their exorbitant prices by implying or outright stating that the competition isn't in it for the long haul. TYM has been doing this for 75 years. Maybe a bit new to selling tractors under their own name in the US, but hardly a newcomer. Ditto Yanmar.

My mind is very open to the reality of these tractors. There will be 1000/1 of the 2501/2502 tractors sold in comparison to the TYM offerings here in the US. That means 20 years from now, I would be MUCH more likely to find a used or new part for my Kubota than someone will a TYM. There are probably less than 100 TYM tractors in my county while there is hundreds if not thousands of Deere and Kubotas.

And it's a great comparison to my Jeep.. The Wrangler is the most popular off road vehicle in America today. Literally everyone makes parts for the Wrangler models. All of the aftermarket parts manufactures like Doorman offers parts for the Wrangler because there are TONS of them on the road. My model has sold nearly 2 million in the US over the last few years. You can still go to Napa and buy parts for a 1978 CJ. And my resale is one of the absolute best in the industry!

Nobody is falling victim to Deere or Kubota's marketing. It's not rocket science to understand that product support (especially years down the road) will be better for the major players than they will be for the little guy on the corner lot who was in business for 5 years selling 20 tractors a year.

Not to mention resale. I see a Kubota or Deere come up for sale, it generally sells very quick while you see these Korean tractors being advertised for weeks and weeks and price drop after price drop until finally some guy decides to risk it and take it home..

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #98  
Um, you’re based and I understand. If your good with tym good, but to say they are the same quality as Deere/kubota/massey is ridiculous. They are cheap for a reason…or do you believe they purposely make less profit?
All manufacturers price their tractors for maximum profit, and the more common brands use their reputations to be able to charge more, because they can. I guess there's lots of guys who think like you, and if you've got the cash, and like your dealer, then sure keep paying a bit more and assume it somehow makes the tractor better.
I do like Kubota because they make all their own tractors, but Deere and Massey, don't tend to make their smaller machines and buy whole machines or engines from Korean on Japanese manufacturers, so why pay more for the green or red version of a tractor?

When I got my Kioti they were quite a bit cheaper, mostly because they wouldn't sell at higher prices and maybe they wanted to build their brand, but now it seems their prices are creeping up as they figure people will pay that much?

Last edited:
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #99  
The OP's new tractor will be used for snow removal and has R4 tires, which are not good winter tires. Will he get a tire groover and groove them like other people have done? It looks like there is limited room between the tires and fenders for chains so is studs in order?
It can always be CLOSE because the rear axle don't articulate at all versus the front axle which does pivot as far as the axle stops allow it to. If I snow plow with mine (rarely because I'm retired and prefer to sit in front of the bio-mass stove and read a book with one of my wife's dammed cats sitting on my lap, making bread) than being outside plowing, even though I use the cab tractor with climate control, I still have to open the barn up, start it and let it warm up and all of that mess takes time.

I do run chains on the front drive as well but that necessitates removing my front fenders as the tire chains will contact them when the front axle articulates. Sometimes you need all the traction you can muster...

Attachments

• 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 100_0009.JPG
    100_0009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #100  
I'll put a CK2610 against an L2501 all day long; for some reason it seems like Kubota guys have a bigger beef with the Korean tractors than Deere guys do, or so it certainly comes off that way.