Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #211  
Seriously hope you guys will love the new digs....

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???
Seriously hope you guys will love the new digs....
Out there tonight it was so pieceful and quiet.

Awful dark too It will be nice to get away from the light pollution of the city.

I will need to address a couple lighting issues outside. But no biggie. I'm gonna install a solar powered motion light on a 30 second timer, to make it easier to find the vehicles in the dark since the camper doesn't have any outside lights.

I'm also gonna install some solar powered side walk lights so we don't kill ourselves coming up or down the ramp in the dark with a solar powered lantern on top of the post that i left long by the door.

Except for the motion light, the rest will be low light options just to make the ramp more visible allowing someone to come up the ramp safetly, as well as being able to see to unlock or lock the door.

Until I get a fence installed, I'll be coming out a few times a night in the dark to walk the pooch.

Sure was nice being able to see all the stars tonight

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #213  
It must feel better to make payments on your own property instead of a landlord's property.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #214  
Love the storyline. Keep it coming!

We are getting close to being done, but so many delays for random stuff. Hope you don't have my GC!

Dog makes me miss our GSD. Gotta build 4000' of fence before we get the next one.

Does the deck landing move so you can hook up the trailer to the truck? Or do you just come in from the side?
It's not getting moved until we have a home built and it's ready to be sold.

At that point, I'll move the deck.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #217  
On our house build, we installed a flag off the deck with a tiny light keeping it illuminted at night. On a dusk to dawn sensor. It gives a bit of light in our no street light area. Maybe a flag off your deck would work for you. Jon

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #218  
I love our no street light area. I'll bet you have a flashlight on your person now. Modern tech is great sometimes. No need to illuminate the neighborhood.

I love our no street light area. I'll bet you have a flashlight on your person now. Modern tech is great sometimes. No need to illuminate the neighborhood.
That was my thoughts as well. I purchased a low light option to put on the post by the door.

Since the ramp is only railed on one side, I wanted something so someone didn't step off the edge and get hurt.

Same order, I also purchased a solar powered motion light that has a remote. This way I can shut if off when not needed. But can turn it back on when leaving for work in the dark.

It's mainly for my wife when coming home in the dark.

I am gonna get some low light level edge markers for the ramp just as a cya.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #220  
Our place is pitch black, miles from street lights or cities… We ended up placing a number of solar spot lights in the landscaping, as well as motion lights on the garages to provide some light. It adds just enough so that you can see some surroundings. Before that you could not see your hand 6” from your face