Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???
I probably would have 'helped' the county by replacing their downstream mistake...or at least I would take a lot of pictures and push them to do it themselves.

Do you have grates over your culverts? I get concerned about long culverts and keeping them cleaned out.
I was absolutely raising he!! with them as well as the county judge. The county judge at the time was worthless.

New judge had them come out and fix it. But all they did was upsize to a 24" it was better. But occasi9nally the road still flooded.

When my wife finished setting up the account with the water department, the lady told her to call when we were ready for the install, and then it would take about 10 days to get the tap.

Water department called me today..... apparently they are looking to do the install asap. So tomorrow after work, I gotta run out and place the flag where I want the meter.

They are gonna flag their stuff Thursday. Then get the rest of the utilities out Friday. So.... looks like we'll have the meter installed sometime next week

Slowly getting there. Almost ready to get another piece of equipment out to deal with the logs.

20230611_153926.jpg
20230611_153923.jpg
20230611_153921.jpg
20230611_153901.jpg
20230611_153859.jpg
20230611_153706.jpg
20230611_153702.jpg
20230611_153659.jpg
20230611_153517.jpg

I had a pleasant surprise today. Stopped by the property after work to flag for the driveway so the county knows where to install the culvert.

Found the water meter installed

20230612_163552.jpg

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #145  
I had a pleasant surprise today. Stopped by the property after work to flag for the driveway so the county knows where to install the culvert.

Found the water meter installed

View attachment 805682
Either there's not much going on around there; or your related to a county commissioner. Never seen a government agency work that fast.

Either there's not much going on around there; or your related to a county commissioner. Never seen a government agency work that fast.
Surprised me as well. They told my wife we were to call when ready to get it installed. Then it would take up to 10 days.

Then they called me because I didn't have the flag out yet on where I wanted the meter to go

So I'm thinking they are slow and looking for stuff to do. Heck, I think they were sitting out there waiting for power and fiber to flag today.

I'm not related to anyone in town besides my kids.

And the only person I know who works for the towns public works hates my guts

Swung by the property today. The county came out sometime this week and got the culvert installed

20230622_164501.jpg

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #149  
Swung by the property today. The county came out sometime this week and got the culvert installed

View attachment 807241

Here we have to pay for and install, after we get a driveway permit, and the county inspects that it’s done to their specifications, which means either asphalt or concrete. No gravel.

Here we have to pay for and install, after we get a driveway permit, and the county inspects that it’s done to their specifications, which means either asphalt or concrete. No gravel.
Little different here.

County will install, you just have to supply the culvert. Same with getting a culvert replaced if needed.

Of course it varies by county and city.