Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #91  
Around here, a low flow mulcher on a bobcat is 1,300/day.

I could use one but for those prices, I'll use my chainsaw and mini. Takes longer but things I want done is just that..a want

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #92  
You can actually rent one of those? A forest mulcher? The liability insurance on one of those things is about 35% to 50% of the cost of hiring someone to clear land.

Hiring one is about $300/hour. If you can find someone in the next 3 months.

A lot of places rent them. CDN$1K/day $4K/week. Machines rent for $100/hr if you rent by the week. You supply fuel and operator

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???
Just an update. Got an email from the title.company that the title was completed.

Got an email from the bank that the appraisal went through on the property.

Bank and title company just gotta hammer out the details, and title company needs to let me know how much money they need and when to wire them the money.

Got the water already figured out. As soon as I get the perc test, I can get the water meter installed.

Waiting on the power company to get back to me on getting power to the right of way.

After I get the perc test, I can start getting bids for the septic system.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #94  
Just an update. Got an email from the title.company that the title was completed.

Got an email from the bank that the appraisal went through on the property.

Bank and title company just gotta hammer out the details, and title company needs to let me know how much money they need and when to wire them the money.

Got the water already figured out. As soon as I get the perc test, I can get the water meter installed.

Waiting on the power company to get back to me on getting power to the right of way.

After I get the perc test, I can start getting bids for the septic system.
Good update and progress!!!

Typo? That's one big house!!
Yeah, fat fingers, little keyboard.

I've been having issues once I write a reply using my phone. When proofreading, my phone wants to correct my punctuation and spelling. The drawback is occasionally my cursor or screen will jump, causing me to lose my spot or add something in where it shouldn't go.

I haven't been able to figure out how to shut it off. I need to ask my grandson the next time I see him

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #97  
Yeah, fat fingers, little keyboard.

I've been having issues once I write a reply using my phone. When proofreading, my phone wants to correct my punctuation and spelling. The drawback is occasionally my cursor or screen will jump, causing me to lose my spot or add something in where it shouldn't go.

I haven't been able to figure out how to shut it off. I need to ask my grandson the next time I see him
As I was reading down I was gonna say, grandkids. They tap, tap, tap and hand it back. "Here ya go Grandpa." 🤪

As I was reading down I was gonna say, grandkids. They tap, tap, tap and hand it back. "Here ya go Grandpa."
Pretty much. Middle grandson was messing with his grandmother's phone one day.

A couple weeks later the phone quit working. Wife couldn't access internet, she keeps getting this notice that she's over her data limit (our plans are unlimited).

Wife's mad, I'm caught between her and the cell service provider trying to figure out what's going on.

I'm on my lunch break with crappy cell service, and wife's across the city at her job.

Cell provider couldn't find any issue on their end.

Finally I started scrolling through the settings hitting on each individual tab to see what it is.

That's when I discover "Data Limit".

Called my wife and walked her through how to get to that tab. It was set with a limit. Mine had no limit. She zeroed out the limit. Restarted her phone, and it started working properly.

That's what the grandkid was doing when I caught him in his grandmother's settings on her phone.

Boy did granny get him the next time she saw him since her phone was locked up for two days

As I was reading down I was gonna say, grandkids. They tap, tap, tap and hand it back. "Here ya go Grandpa."
I was on the phone with a good friend yesterday. All of a sudden the call dropped. Tried calling him back a couple times and the phone kept going straight to voice-mail.

20 minister later I get a call from him. He's at the Verizon store. He said this was a test call to make sure his phone is working properly

About a half hour later he calls back and explains what happened. He was on the phone with me. His cheek or ear hit the "Block Caller" button

He had know idea what he did. Just the fact that his phone couldn't call me after that

Been out clearing this week. Been slow going. It's been too wet to get into quite a few places with any equipment. So I've been clearing and piling.

Did get a driveway opened up through to the build site.

Guy will be put tomorrow to finish staking for the septic permit.
20230413_160106.jpg
20230413_160309.jpg
20230413_160336.jpg
20230413_160344.jpg