Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #381  
if you bought it from a dealer i would think there should some recourse for you. at 30,000 you should have gotten reliable info onthis machine. i would leave them a message if possible and tell them if they don't straighten this out i would turn them into the consumer protection agency [i would think missisippi would have one] if that doesnt work take them to court! don't give up keep on them as they will try to ignore you hoping it goes away. best of luck to you, i know how it feels to be swindled but i usually prevail!

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #383  
if you bought it from a dealer i would think there should some recourse for you. at 30,000 you should have gotten reliable info onthis machine. i would leave them a message if possible and tell them if they don't straighten this out i would turn them into the consumer protection agency [i would think missisippi would have one] if that doesnt work take them to court! don't give up keep on them as they will try to ignore you hoping it goes away. best of luck to you, i know how it feels to be swindled but i usually prevail!
Great advice, hope the original poster reads it.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #384  
Somewhat related...

I posted about this several years ago. I was working on my tractor (can't remember the issue) and found in the wire harness near the firewall a strangely marked wire connector in the harness in an area where there were no other connectors. Unplugged it and found that it stopped the hour meter. Plugged it back in and the hour meter worked again. This whole harness was unmolested and appeared to have come from the factory this way.

I can only assume this was to intentionally disable the meter. FYI.

Thanks!

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #385  
Well, I got my M105s a few hours ago. Been playing with it and besides a loose steering wheel and worn FL tire it looks good. I glanced down at the hours and guess what. It hasn't moved!!

This thing could have 10k hours on it! I bought it from a kubota dealership out of state who explicity told me via voice, email, and ad that is had 1555hrs. Well, 2 hours later it still does.

Whats my recourse? He's not answering his cell phone at the moment.
You know you've been humped bro...

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #388  
22B.gif

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #389  
I dont see it Nearly as much as I used too; but 15 years ago; with many companies, it was standard practice to lube/fuel everything 1st thing, and start anything you would use before lunch, and just let it idle, even if it would be a couple hours before you ran the roller or whatever. It wasn't at all unusual or even frowned on, to leave a loader or whatever running, while the guys sat in a truck to eat lunch. That's where a Lot of hours came from, pure idle time.
Fuel, oil and hydraulic fluid were a lot cheaper than waiting til you needed a piece of equipment to see if it would start.:rolleyes: Quite a bit of older equipment didn’t have fuel gauges either. Coincidentally (maybe on purpose) they held 8 hours of fuel at operating speed. The operator had to shut down for fuel and lube. Now, with larger tanks and economy fuel settings (return to dig, return to idle, eco dig, etc) plus auto lube systems the only thing stopping work is OT for the union guy :LOL:

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #390  
Thread needs to be closed with a final message explaining how it was resolved IMO.
It's actually got plumb comical at this point, let it go and see just how long it last's.