Just another “what made this hole?” thread.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I first noticed it last year up by/under the pigpen. Whatever it was did a lot of excavating. It never seemed to bother their feed though, which I found odd.
This spring I noticed holes from the same animal or a relative in the old Quonset greenhouse I use for storage… last year I replaced the plastic with a tarp. There’s a hole on each end of the 20 foot long structure.

214DBB30-99F7-4ADB-A2F2-074B28CC049A.jpeg15AD4741-796D-402C-8FCF-8519D8EE9345.jpeg

Again, whatever it is doesn’t bother the grain, although there’s generally 3-6 bags stored right next to the hole. The droppings look like rats, but I believe they would be all over that feed.

My game camera is out now, hopefully tomorrow morning I will know what it is.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #3  
Definatly a small Opossum but other animals always follow up and use tunnels dug by Opossums so don't look to capture the original digger on trail cam. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #4  
The hole is about as big as the ball on the receiver hitch?

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #5  
Hole about this size?

I was talking with a friend. We noticed that this little guy popped up to watch.

P1640474rGopherPeeksOut.JPG

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread.
WGI_0056.JPGThis is NOT what I wanted to see. Guess that it's time to pick up some rat traps.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #7  
Well I didn't miss it by far. "Small opossum" Hairless tail
Yup,just need to tweak the windage and elevation of my long distance focus.
Moss sorta flubbed it. Receiver hitches peel bark off shins but don't dig holes under greenhouses.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #8  
It looks well fed.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #9  
Like you said - "surprised they are not into the grain". About five years ago I had a "spat" with some wood rats. They were incredibly stupid. I killed seven and have never seen them since that time.

Three were dispatched with my 22 pistol. Walked up to them and shot within six feet or so. Three were caught in rat traps. One went thru the radiator fan on my Jeep. What a mess. Quick response allowed me to hose "everything" out of the engine compartment before it dried.

Mine seemed to like peanut butter - good hunting/trapping.

/ Just another “what made this hole?” thread. #10