Just Acquired an 1802D

/ Just Acquired an 1802D #1  

loulblades

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300/GC1725
Spent the past few weeks researching and searching for a used tractor to run my 48" rotary mower so I wouldn't have to haul my GC2300 the 100 miles to mow grass on 5+ acres at camp (this was actually my wife's suggestion and I am not one to pass on a chance to acquire more equipment).

I ran across the 1802D at a local dealer and have not heard many complaints regarding Yanmar tractors (at least up til now). The dealer says it is basically a John Deere (although he didn't know the model) and he was using a JD key to start it (of course someone could have put a JD ignition switch in). I knew that Yanmar had supplied JD with engines but does anyone know if the JD has a model like the 1802D and uses the same parts (or at least some)?

I will be picking it up friday and doing some mowing this weekend.

Of course I hope all goes well, wouldn't want to let my wife down.

/ Just Acquired an 1802D #2  
I've enjoyed my YM1802 for about 8 years now with virtually no problems that needed parts. The 1802D is mostly like the YM220D and YM226D and not very much like any of the John Deeres.

/ Just Acquired an 1802D
Turns out it is a 180D not 1802D. From my research, this would indicate that it was made for export to the US (3 digits indicate US whereas 4 would indicate grey market).

There are a couple of JD tractors made (by Yanmar) during that time with similar specs but I have not yet determined if any of the parts are interchangable. I will continue to research.