Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #1  

bigrich954rr

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 4720h 6ft brush hog ,post hole digger, ripper, pallet forks,
Looking for any info and if this is a smart decision how have the 2016 Branson's been running. Are they planning any big updates in 2017 for the tractors

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #2  
I don't know about updates. I bought my 4520R in March. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #3  
I'M very happy so far with my 4520R. I've had it about 2 months, and 40+ hours. no problems with the tractor at all. I like it every bit as much as my 20 year old Kubota.

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro
Ok picking up the Branson tomorrow . It's a lot of money for me but I feel better after hearing from you guys thanks

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #5  
You'll love it,I've had it since spring.Only problem is loader lock will not work unless the hydraulics are off and off corse what good is it then. I've tried hammer,pliars etc. no go.

Dan

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro
Just got the 4720 home in the dark tomorrow ill start working it.

Any hits or better ways to run it ?
Any thing i should not do ?

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #7  
Keep the rpms up on that engine for dpf reasons. This engine likes to run at 1800rpm or more. Other than that have fun with it and enjoy.

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #8  
Just got the 4720 home in the dark tomorrow ill start working it.

Any hits or better ways to run it ?
Any thing i should not do ?

Keep the rpms up on that engine for dpf reasons. This engine likes to run at 1800rpm or more. Other than that have fun with it and enjoy.

I've got the 3520H but agree with Mr Bitz that 1600-1800 rpm is the sweet spot if you're doing loader or backhoe work. The tractor feels like it wants to run in that range.

Based on saying that you're an equipment operator you've got more hours in the seat than I do but on my tractor I split the brakes quite a bit to get a better turn radius. It's probably because I run it a lot with the backhoe on and I think that tends to make the front understeer.

One weird quirk is with the cruise control. You have to maintain pedal pressure even after hitting the cruise button or else the speed will lag down to lower than the speed you intended to cruise the tractor. To do it properly you hit the cruise button while maintaining pedal pressure, and then release pedal pressure a second or two after hitting the cruise button.

When disengaging cruise, be sure to first apply pressure to the drive pedal or the rig will come to an abrupt stop when you disengage via brake or button. It's a bad look when you're cruising your empire with the envious neighbors looking on. :)

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #9  
The cruise is run by a magnet getting energised. It takes a couple seconds to energize. Best thing to do when removing cruise is apply pressure on the pedal in which direction you are going and disconnect the cruise button, very smooth transition if you do this, especially when neighbors are watching they ate going to be jelious.

/ Just about to buy a Branson 4720 hydro Hydro #10  
The cruise is run by a magnet getting energised. It takes a couple seconds to energize. Best thing to do when removing cruise is apply pressure on the pedal in which direction you are going and disconnect the cruise button, very smooth transition if you do this, especially when neighbors are watching they ate going to be jelious.

:thumbsup: