Joined the Mahindra club this week

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
Purchased a 2007 Mahindra 3325 from Artec Tractor in Alabama. Only has 344 hours and is in great shape. Jason at Artec is a great guy so if you live in central Alabama keep him in mind. Anyways, I know I won't be able to get a a FEL(not that I'm aware of anyways) and it doesn't have a live pto but for my purposes it is great. About 95% of what I do is bush hogging and then some box blade work. I must say this is one hoss of a tractor. i got it for 5K so I was very pleased. It shifts a lot better than I expected, with the overrun clutch in the tranny I cannot say a live pto would be much better. Only problem now is my implements are too small. It could easily handle a 6ft brush cutter.

One thing I gotta figure out is the best way to add weight to the front end. I know I can just buy weight but don't have the funds. Going to add some fluid to the tires but I think I will wait till spring. Anyways, I must say I am impressed, I am using my 5' brush cutter and even on the thick stuff it barely boggs...just a little. Does anyone know if there is a way to raise the seat height?

I think this must be one of the best values out there for general use.

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #2  
Send some photos!

Typically tractor seats are just bolted down to a flat surface with 4 bolts. A bracket/spacer can be lashed up with some steel square or rectangular tubing and new nuts/bolts/hardware.

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week
I may just buy a new seat. I've seen some with height adjustment built in that are not too pricey. I just feel like a kid sitting all the down in that seat...i'm a big guy and it just swallows me. But it is nice to have the room. More than I have had on some open deck tractors. I'll do some pics but I gotta remember how to use image shack or some service. Unless they have added a way to upload photos directly.

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #4  
If your tractor is 4WD DO NOT ballast front wheels.:forbidden: Try adding a brush guard that you can hang weights from.:thumbsup:

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #5  
TO the OP,

Another poster has a Mahindra 3015. Westendorf Mfg built a TA-111 loader to fit his tractor. Not sure how much different your tractor is from his? I believe Mitsubishi built that tractor for Mahindra, but not positive. The cost was about $4000, QA loader and QA accessory attachment , included bucket. Just a FYI. They actually picked up his tractor, shipped it to the factory, installed the loader and returned the tractor to him.

Front-End Tractor Loaders by Westendorf: Shade Canopy, Snow Plow, Hay Equipment

TA-111 | Westendorf

I'm in no rush to get a loader. I just looked for one out of curiosity and couldn't find one. Found one for a 8n which I thought was funny but not a 3325. Luckily my uncle lives down the road and has a 4530 with a loader. So for now begging and borrowing is cheaper than buying.

Mahindra-1.jpgMahindra-2.jpgMahindra-3.jpg

Finally dug the box scraper out of weeds

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #8  
Nice find.
Fabricate a bracket or weight box to bolt on the front. A mesh bottom box can be filled with rocks, steel, etc to add weight as needed. Solid type box can hold concrete for weight, Do not ballast the front tires, only the rears.

Get a wheelbarrow tube half or 3/4 aired up and stick under the seat if it tilts forward. Poor Man Air Ride!

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #9  
That's an oldie but a goodie. :) Curious why you need to add weight to the front end.

/ Joined the Mahindra club this week #10  
That's an oldie but a goodie. :) Curious why you need to add weight to the front end.

Almost everyone does it with 4wd field tractors without loaders. Being a 2wd the only reason would be if the rear implement is too heavy to steer.