John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts,

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #11  
I’m surprised it’s not available. It looks like it was last made in 2014. I’d also like to know the part number.

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #13  
My dealer here in NZ shows the valve as "Available to Order".
NZ$3,700 + Tax

Web capture_15-12-2022_11235_partscatalog.deere.com.jpeg

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #14  
I have a 2008 John Deere 4120 CUT tractor and John Deere does not make the part for my tractor. The dealer was informed they are not making parts for it anymore. The part is the PTO valve module. When told this I wondered what the hell. The dealer did say that for now they can get the parts to rebuild it, springs ,valves, pistons, O-rings and more. Lucky for me the body was okay. I got that tractor because I wanted a tier 3 and not the tier 4. Called Stiner for parts and they said only for really older tractors and this was too new. So I asked dealer what would I have done if not for getting parts to fix it and he said "not a thing". He said parts are only available until they are all gone. Are all tractor dealers getting like this. I know they have after market for cars, trucks but when you spend a lot for a tractor you expect to get parts when needed. My dealer checked with all dealers of tractor parts and even Deere's remand plant but none. He even checked with salvage yards but no luck. Have any of you had the same problem.
All parts for all tractors made are not always available. Dealers can only use the parts system, as they don't make the parts.
All depends on the supply chain, and at some point in time for a gazillion reasons.. that supply chain will Stop!. If there is enough demand, aftermarket parts may become available.

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #15  
It appears you can get one. Very reasonably priced too:(

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #16  
i posted in another thread about my 1996 jd870 not being able to get some parts in 2010 for it. i too always thought JD always had parts. im afraid its that way for all manufacturers. i know im a service tech for Generac generators, and i also find out that even though generac makes most of their own parts, after so many years they stop making the parts. its forced end of life.

but then there just taking a page from Apple and Microsoft. why make something last forever when you can force it being useless. try getting a new battery for a cell phone or an Ipad.

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #17  
When it comes to any kind of equipment, it's always good to select a product that is produced in high volume. If there's a large population of people keeping these old machines alive for their own use, then there will always be people taking some of those units and parting them out. For example, the good 'ol JD318 still has hundreds of thousands out there that are alive and well. I ended up with a pretty decent one (that I didn't really want) with a blown engine that I got for about $350. After being parted out, I ended up with about $1500 in my pocket. I still have a number of parts left, as well as the bare frame, which has no rust on it. (anybody want this?) Another example: Machine lathes made by South Bend. There were hoards of these things produced for years and years, and there's almost a cult following who run them in their homes (myself included). There's no way you'll ever get a new part, but machines are being parted out frequently, and just about any part can be had for not too much $$.

In contrast, at work we had a Fiat 500L vehicle that was used for test purposes. When it developed an electrical transmission issue (probably mice chewed a wire), there was not one place that would touch it. It was a rare bird, and the only option was to put in a new tranny for $4K. And who knows if that part was even available, and would any mechanic be willing to take the risk of getting it running? We crushed it, even though it had less than 10K miles on it. Very sad.

So JD is an excellent choice when purchasing a new or used machine. Just pick a model that is very popular, and you'll be fine.

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #18  
i posted in another thread about my 1996 jd870 not being able to get some parts in 2010 for it. i too always thought JD always had parts. im afraid its that way for all manufacturers. i know im a service tech for Generac generators, and i also find out that even though generac makes most of their own parts, after so many years they stop making the parts. its forced end of life.

but then there just taking a page from Apple and Microsoft. why make something last forever when you can force it being useless. try getting a new battery for a cell phone or an Ipad.
One can easily get a replacement battery for an iPhone or iPad from Apple:

:)

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #19  
One can easily get a replacement battery for an iPhone or iPad from Apple:

:)
I call BS on that. I made an appointment last month at spokane apple store. They tested my ipad and told me it had 85% battry life remaining. Even though i could only run it 20-30 minutes unplugged. They REFUSED to fix it. Mind you, their idea of fixing it would have been to swap it out for a used ipad for $99.00

or i could have swapped it out for a like , used, model for $495.00 since it was above 80% battery.

since i have to use an ipad for my generator service business, i opted for a new ipad air from costco for $515 on black friday sale. Believe me, if i didnt need it for my generator work, i would not of touched an apple ipad , or ANY APPLE product.

they specifically told me they will NOT install a replacement battery in my ipad, even if i mailed it in. They only swap with a used ipad that has greater than 80% battery remaining. Apple sucks.

i took it to a computer/phone repair place in town, and they told me they could put an aftermarket battery in it for $299.

no thanks, they required a waiver telling me they were not responsible for broken screen.

/ John Deere's Failure to Supply Parts, #20  
I call BS on that. I made an appointment last month at spokane apple store. They tested my ipad and told me it had 85% battry life remaining. Even though i could only run it 20-30 minutes unplugged. They REFUSED to fix it. Mind you, their idea of fixing it would have been to swap it out for a used ipad for $99.00

or i could have swapped it out for a like , used, model for $495.00 since it was above 80% battery.

since i have to use an ipad for my generator service business, i opted for a new ipad air from costco for $515 on black friday sale. Believe me, if i didnt need it for my generator work, i would not of touched an apple ipad , or ANY APPLE product.

they specifically told me they will NOT install a replacement battery in my ipad, even if i mailed it in. They only swap with a used ipad that has greater than 80% battery remaining. Apple sucks.

i took it to a computer/phone repair place in town, and they told me they could put an aftermarket battery in it for $299.

no thanks, they required a waiver telling me they were not responsible for broken screen.

Try Batteries Plus. They will replace the battery for about $100.