Comparison John Deere Vs. Kubota

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #31  
These threads are always interesting.

Having owned both (44+48 hp) I can tell you that they both have pros and cons.

Couple examples would be their cabs and the way their loaders mount. Kubotas L4240 cab is nice but not as nice/roomy as the Deere. The head room in the 4000 series is as good as it gets! Now the way Kubota attach their loader is much better than the way Deere decided to go. They use a pocket system that the loader fits into. Much better and safer on the cab glass.

There are other small thing like location of the gas caps, give that to JD. It's easier to access on the rear fender than over the loader arms (Kubota). Plastic over metal made no difference to me. Forward/reverse pedals over cradle, just barely.

It's hard to say which one is better. All I can tell you is I don't own the L4240 and I couldn't be happier.

BTW- My 4320 is Made in America. :p:D

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #32  
Ok, classic question here. Which is better? John Deere or Kubota? As I have been researching size, it brought me to the classic debate of John Deere vs. Kubota. So, what are the reasons to but a John Deere, and what are the reasons not to buy a John Deere? I've heard many things and I am slightly confused. I will also post this question on the Kubota forums to gauge their response as well. Thanks for responding.

Lot's of things you need to look at. What you expect to hook up to it, (loader, mower, mid mount or rear, tiller, etc). My finals were to look at them all. Mahindra had a stronger frame for the loader, was alot cheaper, but was plain he** to take off. Some of the others were hard to get parts for, and I always know I would need something. Asked the kids, and they told me, dad, think you already made up your mind and it will cost alot more, we think you'll enjoy it and get alot more in the long run. I have been.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #33  
The reason we run Deeres is because when they break you can get them back running fast. We've had our dealer pick up parts for us by driving 10 hrs roundtrip in the middle of the night so we will have the parts in the am.