John Deere subcompact shopping

/ John Deere subcompact shopping #11  
Notice I said "B", not "BX". The larger Kubota "B" series prices about the same as the smaller 1023/1026 here in VA.

I know what you said. That's why I said it depends on the area. I'd buy a 2 series Deere before I'd have a B. I like to see all those corporate profits stay in the states.

/ John Deere subcompact shopping #12  
I know what you said. That's why I said it depends on the area. I'd buy a 2 series Deere before I'd have a B. I like to see all those corporate profits stay in the states.

Well, we don't need to get into a brand thing here, so let me clarify that prices run in the order BX, 1023/1026, B, 2x20. They overlap on the low end and in the middle, so there's a natural comparison for anyone shopping 1023/1026 to check out a B and move up to a compact for the same money. The Deere 2x20 are quite a jump up from the 1023/1026/B in price.

I wouldn't even get into country issues (component, manufacturer, corporate, or not) since its cloudy at best. There are Georgia-assembled Kubotas while the Deere 2x20's are made in Japan with loaders from Mexico. It's a global market now, and these are both multi-national companies. I have an older Deere made 100% in the US, But those days are over.

/ John Deere subcompact shopping #13  
there's a natural comparison for anyone shopping 1023/1026 to check out a B and move up to a compact for the same money

Depending on where you live. You do get that part right?

I wouldn't even get into country issues (component, manufacturer, corporate, or not) since its cloudy at best.

There is nothing cloudy about it. The problem here is the collective mindset of an entire culture that is made up of individuals with a Wal-Mart mentality. But then the regular Joe is not the real problem. The real problem is political and started when foreign powers were allowed relatively unrestricted access to the American market with no demands that we be allowed the same privileges. They operate here while imposing prohibitive tariffs on American products there. It continues today and it has had, and has devastating consequences for American industry and the American worker. John Deere, Ford, GM, Chrysler, the whole electronics industry and almost every large manufacturer has gone outside this country for components not because they wanted to, but because they had to in order to compete with cheap overseas labor. They're fighting for their business lives. It killed the steel industry in this country. And for every item sold here that is made overseas there is an American NOT making it. What does that tag say on the clothes you're wearing? Who made that battery operated drill you use? Where did that lamp on your end table come from? Cambodia? When was the last time you called for technical support and the person on the other end didn't sound like they were seated at a switch board in Sri Lanka?

This is not about whether Kubota or TYM or Kioti or whoever makes a good product. I don't care if they do. I don't care about the Japanese economy or the the Japanese worker, or the Chinese, or the Korean or any body else across the pond. I wish them no ill will but I care about American industry and the American worker. I care about MY people.

I have an older Deere made 100% in the US, But those days are over.

Put that on the American tombstone. And list the cause of death as suicide.

/ John Deere subcompact shopping
We went and looked at a low houred 2305 and the new 1026r last night. Are waiting on the quotes now but we plan to visit the kubota dealer as well just to make sure she knows her options. Also saw a couple of the Massey sub compacts last night. She has plenty of time to decide though.

She has decided to go with the loader and rear blade for snow removal. I did show her the 2 series Deeres last night as well so she could see the physical size difference but I believe she prefers the 1 series size.

I thank everyone who has posted so far and I will continue to update this thread as things progress or if I have a question.

/ John Deere subcompact shopping #15  
if you wanted , you could check out the Kubota bx tractors i have one and i love it.