John Deere Frontier RB2284 Blade

/ John Deere Frontier RB2284 Blade #1  

thebolt

Tractor
I'm looking for comments and thoughts for the John Deere Frontier RB2284 Rear Blade. I have a 72" Land Pride and I'm thinking of going to a wider and heavier blade. This is much heavier than my current blade and I don't have rear hydraulics. Is this too heavy to adjust without hydraulics? My tractor is a JD 4720 and I need a moderately heavy duty blade.

Thank you for any help you might provide me.

/ John Deere Frontier RB2284 Blade #2  
Can’t answer about that specific blade, but when I had my manual rear blade, it was easy to manually adjust. For angling, just raise it, pull the pin, angle it, and put the pin it. For the attack angle, just shorten or lengthen the upper link.

The more it weighs, the more muscle you just have to put into it, of course.

/ John Deere Frontier RB2284 Blade #3  
It looks like this blade is pretty comparable to the Landpride RBT3584, so you should have no problem making the manual adjustments. I'm not sure how much cheaper the Deere blade is, but it would be worthwhile (if not already) to get a price on the Landpride model, as it offers considerably more offset than the Deere blade does, 30" for the Landpride as opposed to only 9" or 18" according to the Deere website.