John Deere 9500

/ John Deere 9500 #1  

Farmer28

Tractor
John Deere 5410
John Deere 9500 combine with a 925 header for soybeans (25 foot swath) vs 30 foot difference? Ive heard from some that a 30 foot header would be too much for a 9500 (mainly be too heavy? Never tried putting weights on the back of the combine, if anyone does let me know if it works good for them) or it would put to much into the combine for it to handle. So if thats the case I might be going really slow which might defeat the purpose of getting a bigger header. Even if we take the combine out of the equation, how much more bushels an hour do you get with a 30 foot as opposed to a 25 foot header? Anybody done any upgrades going another size up? 25 to 30 or 30 to 35?

/ John Deere 9500 #2  
25’ to 30’ represents approximately a 20% increase.
(25’ x 20% = 5’. 25’ + 5’ = 30’. )

You would get an additional 20% more bushels per hour IF moving at the same ground speed.

If a 25’ header is at the upper limits of a 9500 combine, it’s unlikely you would run a 30’ at the same speed.

Then there’s the cost. I have wanted many times to add more cutting width, but the payback period is pretty slow for MY situation. I do value my remaining time in this world more and more as each year passes, so i can’t blame you for being curious about “going bigger”.

/ John Deere 9500
25’ to 30’ represents approximately a 20% increase.
(25’ x 20% = 5’. 25’ + 5’ = 30’. )

You would get an additional 20% more bushels per hour IF moving at the same ground speed.

If a 25’ header is at the upper limits of a 9500 combine, it’s unlikely you would run a 30’ at the same speed.

Then there’s the cost. I have wanted many times to add more cutting width, but the payback period is pretty slow for MY situation. I do value my remaining time in this world more and more as each year passes, so i can’t blame you for being curious about “going bigger”.
Thanks for the info Hay Dude. Based on a 20% increase in bushels per hour would have me get done with harvest a week sooner but if I'm going slower with the bigger header the points kinda mute. Oh well just enjoy another week in the field haha. It would be nice in some years when its wet to get done sooner and not worry about dragging harvest out as long.

/ John Deere 9500 #4  
Thanks for the info Hay Dude. Based on a 20% increase in bushels per hour would have me get done with harvest a week sooner but if I'm going slower with the bigger header the points kinda mute. Oh well just enjoy another week in the field haha. It would be nice in some years when its wet to get done sooner and not worry about dragging harvest out as long.

Going through same thing here. I’m still in the fields and it’s in the 50’s

/ John Deere 9500
Yeah its been a great start to harvest so far thank the Lord. No rain and dry for the past week, today was cloudy and there was dew in the morning so didnt start beans till about 2pm and proably be an earlier night with the beans getting tough. Weather forecast says next 4 days sunny and dry. Its 47 degree here its starting to be flannel and jacket weather haha.

/ John Deere 9500 #6  
Yeah its been a great start to harvest so far thank the Lord. No rain and dry for the past week, today was cloudy and there was dew in the morning so didnt start beans till about 2pm and proably be an earlier night with the beans getting tough. Weather forecast says next 4 days sunny and dry. Its 47 degree here its starting to be flannel and jacket weather haha.
Where are you/what area you from?

/ John Deere 9500 #8